• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Mine went SFG on August 3rd as well. I am still waiting for GEI. Can you post when yours ships?

One of my two invoices received in early August JUST got moved into G/E/I. 

So, what's the estimated waiting time at this stage?

On 11/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Roll one of these, multiply the result by 1 day or 1 week. Good luck.  (thumbsu

image.png.962cfb7fec6019d5efd938802e390128.png

On 11/29/2021 at 1:40 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Its all over the place. I've seen people who had their stuff shipped the next day and some where it sits in G/E/I for a month. No consistency.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:40 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I have books in G/E/I since Oct 26th (shrug)

They were Received on June 29th

Edited by lonetree

quick question. at what stage does CGC charge you for grading? first time using CGC, but am familiar with sending in submissions as I have sent cards to PSA. PSA charges you after grading but right before shipping. Was just wondering if CGC did the same.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, qlow said:

quick question. at what stage does CGC charge you for grading? first time using CGC, but am familiar with sending in submissions as I have sent cards to PSA. PSA charges you after grading but right before shipping. Was just wondering if CGC did the same.

In the past, CGC would normally charge you pretty quick after your books were entered in the system.

However, my last batch of books were received around 2 weeks ago but haven't been charged yet. 

On 11/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, Vader71 said:

I'm still waiting on a Silvestri remark on a comic also, note last week they showed examples so I am betting he just gave them the remarks back even though the base signing was done in September. 

Thanks for posting this.  I don't check CGC's social media often enough, but this feels like the first real update since end of September when we started getting G/E/I notifications.  I see CGC's Instagram post now and the Remarques pictured are beautiful.  Hope mine turned out just as good and it'll be a short 6 weeks or less wait now, providing all 50 were returned at the same time.

Edited by noelbeast

Had one submission for the Bill Sienkiewicz  signing move to Grading / Quality Control today. 

20211129_203722.jpg.670b03d440df54c6e76104c63a93f69c.jpg

The other two book sub I have for the same signing is still sitting at received at CCS. 

Both submissions were signing and remark. The one that has moved to G/QC today was originally received the day of the deadline.  The one with two books that is still sitting at CCS I sent about a week after the announcement.  

I'm getting a little confused about the caught up announcement. My book that I had to return because it had the wrong label and was marked ME in huge letters on all sides, as requested, arrived 11/19.  

I don't think it's been opened yet, so 10 days later is "caught up"?

This was the message I just saw.

"Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened."

@CGC Mike

Can you get a clarification of that announcement when you have time, please...

On 11/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm getting a little confused about the caught up announcement. My book that I had to return because it had the wrong label and was marked ME in huge letters on all sides, as requested, arrived 11/19.  

I don't think it's been opened yet, so 10 days later is "caught up"?

This was the message I just saw.

"Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened."

@CGC Mike

Can you get a clarification of that announcement when you have time, please...

I'm in the same boat.  Sent the book w/ the error back along w/ some of my other books to be graded.  The modern slow was updated to the system yesterday but the ME has yet to be added.  Not sure if they add those or not.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:56 PM, greggy said:

In the past, CGC would normally charge you pretty quick after your books were entered in the system.

However, my last batch of books were received around 2 weeks ago but haven't been charged yet. 

Same here. My four 10/14 & 10/19 CGC received submissions have not been charged yet. Same with CCS. I have four 4/11 and five 6/23 received submissions that haven't been charged. I honestly wish they would charge all of them as soon as possible to A.) show there's some movement, and b.) the books haven't been "misplaced".

It looks like they're shipping books that they marked as "received" in June.  Mine was marked received on 8/29 (even though USPS delivered it in early July).  I probably have about 2 or more months worth of waiting so I'm guessing I'll get my books back in February if I'm lucky.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:02 AM, Kantankerous said:

It looks like they're shipping books that they marked as "received" in June.  Mine was marked received on 8/29 (even though USPS delivered it in early July).  I probably have about 2 or more months worth of waiting so I'm guessing I'll get my books back in February if I'm lucky.

Is this for modern slow track? Other than some June received submissions that are currently "misplaced", I believe CGC is now shipping books received in late July.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, J RANDALL said:

I'm in the same boat.  Sent the book w/ the error back along w/ some of my other books to be graded.  The modern slow was updated to the system yesterday but the ME has yet to be added.  Not sure if they add those or not.

I was told to mark my box with ME in big letters...I did that, HUGE letters.