• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 9:03 AM, irishcritic said:

When i called yesterday they said they were just starting July value submissions. (for whatever that info is worth I suppose) I have a 7/15 that is still in line.....

If they starting July Value submissions, then I wonder where my Value is at. My Value was entered as Received on 6/21.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:21 AM, Vader71 said:

My submission went from Waiting for Grading to G?E/I today finally so I think things are moving on now!  Who did you guys request? I went with Mr Sinister on an X-men blank. The Gambit I saw posted is great and I hope to get that type quality

Nice, hopefully that means something soon for you. That Gambit was sick, and hope your Sinister turns out just as good.

I’m actually a bit nervous about mine. I requested Wolverine on a sketch jam cover to go along with previous contributions by Beatty, Zeck, and Jim Lee. Unfortunately Jim got a little greedy with his corner, and his signature invaded some of the space left for Marc… 

Hoping for the best! 

On 11/30/2021 at 7:37 AM, J RANDALL said:

I'm in the same boat.  Sent the book w/ the error back along w/ some of my other books to be graded.  The modern slow was updated to the system yesterday but the ME has yet to be added.  Not sure if they add those or not.

My ME was received on the 12th and "shipped" the 24th. However, UPS didn't get it until the 29th. So I suspect a lot of CGC was gone for the week for Thanksgiving. Hopefully you don't have to wait long.

• Administrator
On 11/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm getting a little confused about the caught up announcement. My book that I had to return because it had the wrong label and was marked ME in huge letters on all sides, as requested, arrived 11/19.  

I don't think it's been opened yet, so 10 days later is "caught up"?

@CGC Mike

Can you get a clarification of that announcement when you have time, please...

CGC has recently received a high volume of expedited packages.

My submission, received in March 2021, went dark because it's been in the system for more than 8 months. When I enter the order number, I get the message

details will be available when the submission is at the "Scheduled for Grading" status.

So I'm facing a black hole for months until they deem my books are ready for grading.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:56 AM, Ablation Steve said:

Just bumping my question, because my first Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging batch took 6 days and my second (sent in on the same day) are still in G/E/I after 2 months.

Is it common for them to sit in G/E/I for so long?

S

Short answer is yes

On 12/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ablation Steve said:

I hate the short answer!

These were books from the same submission and I've had the first half back for a month and a half. How things get so separated, I'd like to know.

S

Does that mean you have to pay shipping twice?

I sent in around 100 Modern books to CCS in March and April of 2021, and they all still say 'Received at CCS'.  With  current turnaround times at CCS and CGC, when should I expect my books?  August or September of 2022?  Also, my CGC membership ran out in October of 2021.  Am I going to have any issues with billing since my membership ran out almost a year before I receive the books (more than 6 months after I sent them)?  I have a few hundred silver age books I'd like to send in, but with the membership length being only a year and it taking almost 2 years between sending books in and getting them back, I really don't want to make things confusing and super costly.  Are there any better, cheaper options I should be considering?

On 12/1/2021 at 11:44 AM, Holku said:

I sent in around 100 Modern books to CCS in March and April of 2021, and they all still say 'Received at CCS'.  With  current turnaround times at CCS and CGC, when should I expect my books?  August or September of 2022?  Also, my CGC membership ran out in October of 2021.  Am I going to have any issues with billing since my membership ran out almost a year before I receive the books (more than 6 months after I sent them)?  I have a few hundred silver age books I'd like to send in, but with the membership length being only a year and it taking almost 2 years between sending books in and getting them back, I really don't want to make things confusing and super costly.  Are there any better, cheaper options I should be considering?

I am in the exact same boat with regards with a CCS/CGC order I placed in late March.  I am still "Received at CCS" and I can't see which books are in that order yet.  I would suggest avoiding CCS and using a third party presser.  This has worked for me very well this year after seeing how badly CCS is performing.

Alec

MODERN - 37 Books (12 & 25)

Delivered: 08/03

SFG:       08/04

G/E/I:     11/30

G/Q:       12/01

Shipped:   12/01 & 12/02

CGC is so random. These are marked shipped next day but I still have a 17 book sub stuck at G/E/I going on 3 weeks now.

And the funny thing is is that I actually needed these to process a little slower because one of the books is mislabeled and I was trying to get it corrected after noticing it was mistakenly changed yesterday. I hoped to avoid sending it back as a mechanical error.

Edited by Willbert

On 12/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, StarV100 said:

My submission, received in March 2021, went dark because it's been in the system for more than 8 months. When I enter the order number, I get the message

details will be available when the submission is at the "Scheduled for Grading" status.

So I'm facing a black hole for months until they deem my books are ready for grading.

A lot of us will be joining you soon.:tonofbricks:

On 12/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, skybolt said:

A lot of us will be joining you soon.:tonofbricks:

Agreed, CGC should extend the time on the submission page to account for the long delays in getting books graded. It's something they should easily be able to do and something of good faith gesture.