• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Holku said:

I sent in around 100 Modern books to CCS in March and April of 2021, and they all still say 'Received at CCS'.  With  current turnaround times at CCS and CGC, when should I expect my books?  August or September of 2022?  Also, my CGC membership ran out in October of 2021.  Am I going to have any issues with billing since my membership ran out almost a year before I receive the books (more than 6 months after I sent them)?  I have a few hundred silver age books I'd like to send in, but with the membership length being only a year and it taking almost 2 years between sending books in and getting them back, I really don't want to make things confusing and super costly.  Are there any better, cheaper options I should be considering?

I was going to ask the same question. I submitted books to CCS back in March 2021 when I renewed my membership. If CGC doesn't get around to grading these books by March 2022, will they still honor the 10% discount included with the submission form, or will they charge the full price (if I don't renew my membership)?

On 12/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, skybolt said:

I was going to ask the same question. I submitted books to CCS back in March 2021 when I renewed my membership. If CGC doesn't get around to grading these books by March 2022, will they still honor the 10% discount included with the submission form, or will they charge the full price (if I don't renew my membership)?

I believe it's based on your received date, so they should.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, Willbert said:

MODERN - 37 Books (12 & 25)

Delivered: 08/03

SFG:       08/04

G/E/I:     11/30

G/Q:       12/01

Shipped:   12/01 & 12/02

CGC is so random. These are marked shipped next day but I still have a 17 book sub stuck at G/E/I going on 3 weeks now.

And the funny thing is is that I actually needed these to process a little slower because one of the books is mislabeled and I was trying to get it corrected after noticing it was mistakenly changed yesterday. I hoped to avoid sending it back as a mechanical error.

You are lucky. I have two groups of 25 (one Value and one Modern) that have been in SFG since 08/03 with no movement at all yet............ :censored:

I have another 300 books in various stages of pressing/received/waiting for grading, and 500+ books to go in. Right now I am debating whether it is worth wasting the time waiting for CGC to get things in order or to just sell them raw at shows next spring at high prices (so far that has approach has worked fine this fall).

Edited by kimik

On 12/1/2021 at 5:01 PM, Gaard said:

My 6/18 Modern (delivered 4/29) still hasn't shipped. I'm starting to think my mom was right ... I'm a special boy.

It really does seem that people who submitted books around the price increase are being punished by CGC.  My guess is that it is not intentional and that they just go so swamped by submissions that they had to scramble to find extra storage space for this submissions rush and that this new space was not organized in a way that made a first-in-first-out policy possible.  I do hope that CGC has learned their lesson from this and NEVER pre-announces a price increase again.  What i the point of getting flooded by a ton of books all at the lower price points?  Just not good business sense.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Skottie Young remarque w/press moved to G/QC today, as did a Jim Lee remarque no press.

Silvestri remarque no press remains at G/E/I

No change to the above subs, but:

Sienkiewicz remarque w/press moved to SFG today.

First post in this thread...You have to admire the consistency. 

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

On 12/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, cd4ever said:

First post in this thread...You have to admire the consistency. 

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

9 Years?

oof

On 12/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, Fisionbomb said:

No change to the above subs, but:

Sienkiewicz remarque w/press moved to SFG today.

I have two Sienkiewicz subs in, and one shipped today.

Single book, remarque with press shipped today 12/1 while the two just-signature books with press went from G/E/I on 10/14 to G/QC on 11/24.  So maybe tomorrow those will ship.

I keep reading everyone's posts and I agree and can only think it's a random process.  I always thought sketches/remarques happened after sigs.

I'm also still waiting for an Adam Kubert book (no press just signature) that went into G/E/I on 10/1 with zero movement since. 

Still haven't gotten back submission that went straight to CGC, no CCS, and was received 6/1 (made mistake of going economy for that one; simultaneous standard submission was returned back in June). Also haven't gotten a reply to my last inquiry about it. Shouldn't have to relinquish possession of collectibles for 7 months just for grading.

download.gif

On 12/2/2021 at 8:28 AM, Grottu said:

Still haven't gotten back submission that went straight to CGC, no CCS, and was received 6/1 (made mistake of going economy for that one; simultaneous standard submission was returned back in June). Also haven't gotten a reply to my last inquiry about it. Shouldn't have to relinquish possession of collectibles for 7 months just for grading.

download.gif

My gut tells me that even the isle shown in the gif is not available for CGC personnel to walk through. 

On 12/2/2021 at 9:28 AM, Grottu said:

download.gif

just got a reply from support saying it will "probably be at least a few more weeks"

On 12/2/2021 at 10:22 AM, Grottu said:

just got a reply from support saying it will "probably be at least a few more weeks"

I just wish that CGC would come forward and say that since they received tens of thousands of submissions back in April/May their sequencing for grading books based on day received has been an issue. It would also be good customer service to provide a 10-20% discount for books received back in June, especially if they've already moved on to grading books received in August. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, IceHole said:

2x25 modern slow boat subs

delivered: 5/27

marked as received/scheduled for grading: 7/29

1 order GEI then quality control: 11/19

marked shipped: 11/20

The other order still scheduled for grading...only difference in the orders are the one that's stuck has '90s books.  What a long wait.

Still have 2x25 modern slow delivered 6/7 stuck at SFG.

Just Weird,

my 2 orders delivered 5/27...one order done and shipped on the 20th, the other still stuck at CGC (127 working days...right on the heals of the not to be believed 129 posted)

My 2 orders delivered 6/7...one order shipped 11/29, the other still stuck at cgc.

Why are orders in the same box separated by weeks? 

Just more proof nothing is graded in order of arrival.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:21 AM, Kevin76 said:

50 Moderns slow boat

"Received  8/10"

Shipped 12/1  

Hi CGC,

Why are my 50 modern slow boat books received on 8/4 still sitting at G/E/I since Monday?

We need some transparency as to why books are not being graded and shipped in the order they are received.

Sincerely,

An annoyed customer