• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, StarV100 said:

My submission, received in March 2021, went dark because it's been in the system for more than 8 months. When I enter the order number, I get the message

details will be available when the submission is at the "Scheduled for Grading" status.

So I'm facing a black hole for months until they deem my books are ready for grading.

Same boat here.  My 4/3/21 submission just dropped off the face of the earth yesterday due to a seemingly arbitrary (and too short) 8 month shelf life on submission lookups.  Silliness.  Modern technology aught not subject us to such limitations, especially considering the average length of TATs.  :preach:

These were both delivered 5/27... why can't they be graded within the same week...after 6 months?   Did you guys give one order to Steve?  Is Steve really that slow?  I hate Steve. 

And on Monday I'll be past the posted 129 working days...but even though they post it...CGC makes no effort to enforce it on their employees to get your books out before that time...but expect you to wait past that time...though they post times...that they say they can get your books out by...but don't bother...cuz they don't enforce it onto their employees...cuz it's your job to wait.  I still hate Steve...whomever you are.

steve.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 1:14 PM, IceHole said:

These were both delivered 5/27... why can't they be graded within the same week...after 6 months?   Did you guys give one order to Steve?  Is Steve really that slow?  I hate Steve. 

And on Monday I'll be past the posted 129 working days...but even though they post it...CGC makes no effort to enforce it on their employees to get your books out before that time...but expect you to wait past that time...though they post times...that they say they can get your books out by...but don't bother...cuz they don't enforce it onto their employees...cuz it's your job to wait.  I still hate Steve...whomever you are.

steve.jpg

Most likely a slew of rush books or a mass of signature books hit right in-between your submissions. These interruptions are like traffic lights on an interstate. 

So when I mailed my books on 3/9 I added up the total estimated TaT for both CCS and CGC... then counted out on the calendar all the business days to when that day was... and this is where I am... only one sub has made it past CCS... I'm really starting to lose my grip 😐

Screenshot_20211204-123817_Calendar.jpg

Screenshot_20211204-124550_Chrome.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, Comic Consortium said:

And when i message them, they tell me its within the estimated time window. I give up honestly.

That's the thing....no...no it's not. You are at 137 business days from delivery and CGC now claims TAT is now at129 days. Truth is customer service can't do anything. They don't have answers or explanations or a process to expedite your order. Not without going to some effort but they aren't going to do that because they don't care and it's not required of them. They basically see a screen with the same information you get online. So all they can do is send out canned answers. I can't stand canned answers. It's lazy and disrespectful. They could just admit things are screwed up but that won't happen because it would mean CGC should do something for the customer to make it right. Never admit fault. Deny to you die. Truth is everyone is at the mercy of entry level associates that honestly don't care about you or your books because its all just a paycheck to them. That I can get. Don't like it but I understand that's how things really work.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Kantankerous said:

From reading the recent threads.. if you're modern/slow track then.. it looks like they're currently shipping books that they received in July and Early August. 

I'm guessing another month of waiting for me since mine was received on 8/31 (even though USPS delivered it to CGC on second week of July)

yes my earliest modern slow was SFG/received 8/14, so I'm hoping to see movement next week, although I think it'll still be after Christmas or early January to receive them back. This one is only 5 books, 5 I want and I have more, it's just the earliest :cheers: 

WEEKEND UPDATE
June Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC              6/4
Delivered to CGC            6/7
‘Received’ by CGC         8/10 (45 business days later / 45 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading    8/11 (1 business day later / 46 days so far)
Credit Card Charged       8/26 (11 business days later / 57 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation 12/3 (66 business days later / 123 days so far)
Shipped                          12/6 (1 business day later / 124 days total)

On 12/4/2021 at 4:05 PM, zupaphly said:
On 12/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, ToBeContinued... said:

What were the TATS back then?

CCS was ~100, and CGC was ~45...

Tbh.

Tat when you sent in doesn't matter much, or cgc doesn't count that. I have a feeling, the only tat is what it's estimated at now, unfortunately.

On 12/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tbh.

Tat when you sent in doesn't matter much, or cgc doesn't count that. I have a feeling, the only tat is what it's estimated at now, unfortunately.

Yeah, I realize that now... you have to admit the way they advertise it the way they do is extremely deceptive though... it should be phrased submissions currently finished took ### days, so we estimate books submitted now will take ### days with current inventory... instead it leads you to believe yours will be finished roughly around these amount of days if you send in now... I know they got bombarded when they announced the price change, but come on... do something to fix it... pause subs for a month, suspend fast track for a bit... not just keep adding to the pile, and charging cards...