• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2021 at 11:52 PM, stippy52 said:

Don’t think is right that they can charge your card so far in advance of completing the submission .

The payment trigger, in my recent experience, is when an order is on a grading table/slabbing machine, they charge you. If you have multiple orders at time - they all get charged. Case in point, I had a VALUE, MODERN, and multiple signings orders waiting for weeks to months. I sent a Walkthru so they all were charged at once. Walkthru returned in a week and the previous orders kept waiting for more weeks. So plan accordingly and put it on a CC so your mortgage check dont bounce. 

On 11/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, Chazgee said:

I really hope you and everyone else that got Sienkiewicz Remarques posts them. Would love to see all the different books and remarques.

Who knew FedEx delivers on a Sunday?  This arrived today, so I figured I'd post.  I feel like if I played the CGC guess which book this is, it'd be too easy. I didn't figure he'd draw the same thing, but hey, I'll take it.  For anyone still waiting for Sienkiewicz SS, my two other signature-only books also arrived today so yours must be close.  

Spoiler

20211205_161143.jpg

Edited by thingsofstuff

On 12/6/2021 at 7:22 AM, IceHole said:

My CCS pressing order marked received 4/15 went into "Process" last week...finally got the bill for it and surprise surprise...$15 each.  These were subbed before the July price increase...should be $12 each.

That's ridiculous. Has this happened to others as well? If so, then this is false advertising. So basically CCS announced the price change to give people time to send in their books, but ultimately winds up charging the full amount anyway?! That makes no sense. For example, I sent in 4 submissions via quick press back in March (well before the price change). Then 5 more in April when the price change was announced. This is 225 books. I better not get a bill for $15 each because I would've never used CCS if I knew I was getting charged the current pressing amount. That's over a $1,500 difference. I really hope this was just human error. I would call to fix it.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:22 AM, IceHole said:

My CCS pressing order marked received 4/15 went into "Process" last week...finally got the bill for it and surprise surprise...$15 each.  These were subbed before the July price increase...should be $12 each.

Call them up... make sure you don't get charged the new price for grading as well...

Figured I would add my experience to this thread. I have a magazine at CGC in the walkthrough tier — entered November 10th and it is still sitting in the "Scheduled for Grading" phase. I emailed support last week and was told "it should be done any time" and that they would send a message down to get it moving. As of this morning there is still no movement so I called CGC and the customer service rep thinks my magazine was put into the wrong service queue. She is investigating and will send me an email when she finds out more. I also requested a refund and she said they will be able to do something for me. I have more books that I want to send in but I am pretty hesitant to do so between this, the experiences in this thread, and from stories I am hearing from dealers.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:44 AM, JJ Speederman said:

Figured I would add my experience to this thread. I have a magazine at CGC in the walkthrough tier — entered November 10th and it is still sitting in the "Scheduled for Grading" phase. I emailed support last week and was told "it should be done any time" and that they would send a message down to get it moving. As of this morning there is still no movement so I called CGC and the customer service rep thinks my magazine was put into the wrong service queue. She is investigating and will send me an email when she finds out more. I also requested a refund and she said they will be able to do something for me. I have more books that I want to send in but I am pretty hesitant to do so between this, the experiences in this thread, and from stories I am hearing from dealers.

Mags, even those for their Private Signings, always take longer.

• Order of 25 books Normal track Modern, no press, Pre-screen
    • Shipped 11/16/2021
    • Signed for by CGC 11/23/2021
    • Received 11/29/21
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
  • Order of 25 books Normal track Modern, no press, Pre-screen
    • Shipped 11/16/2021
    • Received 11/29/21
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
  • Order of 25 books Normal track Modern, no press
    • Shipped 11/16/2021
    • Received 11/29/21
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
  • Order of 4 books Economy track Modern, no press.
    • Shipped 04/19/2021
    • Signed for by CGC 04/26/2021
    • Received 6/14/2021
      • Sent for grading 12/03/2021
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD

Anyone have any movement on pre-price change Value tier books? I have a large stack received 7/21.  Wondering where they fit into the equation. 

On 12/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I wonder what the chances are of that going to grading\encapsulation today. :whistle:

For Jim Lee?

mine were/are pressed and not even back to CGC yet :sorry:

you never know though :wishluck: 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:14 PM, IceHole said:

These were both delivered 5/27... why can't they be graded within the same week...after 6 months?   Did you guys give one order to Steve?  Is Steve really that slow?  I hate Steve. 

And on Monday I'll be past the posted 129 working days...but even though they post it...CGC makes no effort to enforce it on their employees to get your books out before that time...but expect you to wait past that time...though they post times...that they say they can get your books out by...but don't bother...cuz they don't enforce it onto their employees...cuz it's your job to wait.  I still hate Steve...whomever you are.

steve.jpg

And just as my books go over the 129 working day mark...CGC up's the posted "turn around times" on the site to 132 working days today.  This is why you never get the carrot off the stick, you just end up chasing it until the guy holding the stick falls asleep.  WAKE UP STEVE AND GRADE MY BOOKS ALREADY!    i hate Steve.