• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

Nice. Two groups hit GEI last Friday. Hopefully the other 8/3/2021 submission hits there soon. :wishluck:

Received

Items

Declared Value

Service

Status

12/3/2021

SIGNATURE SERIES MODERN

Scheduled for Grading

11/12/2021

FAST TRACK ECONOMY

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

9/10/2021

MODERN

Scheduled for Grading

9/10/2021

MODERN

Scheduled for Grading

8/3/2021

MODERN

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

8/3/2021

VALUE

Scheduled for Grading

image.thumb.png.5b6725d1bb4ecb3df891b9fc39bd9fbf.png

The submissions received in September were delivered July 30 or so.

The December submission was likely delivered this past Friday, so ya, they are still opening packages relatively fast.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:44 AM, JJ Speederman said:

Figured I would add my experience to this thread. I have a magazine at CGC in the walkthrough tier — entered November 10th and it is still sitting in the "Scheduled for Grading" phase. I emailed support last week and was told "it should be done any time" and that they would send a message down to get it moving. As of this morning there is still no movement so I called CGC and the customer service rep thinks my magazine was put into the wrong service queue. She is investigating and will send me an email when she finds out more. I also requested a refund and she said they will be able to do something for me. I have more books that I want to send in but I am pretty hesitant to do so between this, the experiences in this thread, and from stories I am hearing from dealers.

I just received an email update: "It does appear that your invoice is past due. I have sent a message down to have them locate and rush the order. Please note, however, that it can take some time to locate an invoice due to the extremely high volume of submissions we have at the moment. We will locate the order as quickly as we can and get it moving for you. Also, CGC has offered to refund the grading fees for you."

On 12/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, joeypost said:

Most likely a slew of rush books or a mass of signature books hit right in-between your submissions. These interruptions are like traffic lights on an interstate. 

After reading pedigree comics newsletter, the Panhandle collection may be one of the reasons for the slowdown on regular modern and economy submissions. 

On 12/6/2021 at 8:37 PM, joeypost said:

After reading pedigree comics newsletter, the Panhandle collection may be one of the reasons for the slowdown on regular modern and economy submissions. 

Interesting and thanks:)

For those who dont know the panhandle reference, does that happen to be a Texas panhandle?  Or another state?

On 12/6/2021 at 8:58 PM, Chazgee said:

All i can say, is that I'm in a state of frustration.  :frustrated:

I tried to lighten the mood or distract but.

:pullhair: I'm right there with you.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, IceHole said:

And just as my books go over the 129 working day mark...CGC up's the posted "turn around times" on the site to 132 working days today.  This is why you never get the carrot off the stick, you just end up chasing it until the guy holding the stick falls asleep.  WAKE UP STEVE AND GRADE MY BOOKS ALREADY!    i hate Steve.

Funny, considering the state of my books, I think Steve hates me.

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

11/24 - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Fast Track Modern (No CCS)

11/22 - Mailed to CGC 

11/24 - Delivered to CGC facility

12/2 - Received by CGC

12/2 - SFG

12/7 - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

On 12/7/2021 at 3:55 AM, qlow said:

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

11/24 - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Fast Track Modern (No CCS)

11/22 - Mailed to CGC 

11/24 - Delivered to CGC facility

12/2 - Received by CGC

12/2 - SFG

12/7 - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

I have moderns delivered the same day in GEI. 

Delivered to CGC June 1st for slow track modern, it has officially been 132 business days (which is the current proposed turnaround time). 

They went G/E/I last Monday Nov 29th (SFG  08/03), what's everyone think the the odds are I get them back by Christmas?

Honestly I'm okay waiting, just very excited and hoping they make a for a nice holiday surprise.