• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Website Feature - Need Feedback

11 posts in this topic

As a few of you might know, I've been working on a comic related website called "The Market". The website allows you to sort by the most expensive, most active and most watched comic books on eBay for each comic age with a couple of filters. It dawned on me that sometimes you want to know which comic books are showing up in each of the sort by categories. So I added a "flame" icon to indicate if a title was "hot" and showing up in all three sort by categories. Is this adequate and fairly obvious what is going on here?

The website link.

Thank you for taking the time. :foryou:

Quick critique:

The new flame icon is a good idea... the implementation is not. It's large, clunky and looks like a hockey team logo.

For a page that's supposed to be THEMARKET, it seems that you should have the WORDS THE MARKET somewhere on the page.

CGC should always be capitalized. Your pattern matching needs work since you're reformatting the eBay titles.

Not crazy about the banner ad as it's basically the main graphic on your page.

The sorting index on the right is nice once you realize what it is.

More exposition needed.

The top tier of two icons for Facebook and Twitter is wasted space.... especially since it

seems the LIKE US contest ad is on every page.

Interesting idea and concept though... Could be a very nice reference. (thumbs u

If you'd like more feedback, please let me know. (Or donate something to the upcoming VCC Charity Auction) (thumbs u

i like your site. in my browser the sort functions get pushed down to the bottom of the page. i'd like to see them to the right of the list and maybe float them so they are always there even when you scroll?

my 2 cents based on my initial look-see.

Quick critique:

The new flame icon is a good idea... the implementation is not. It's large, clunky and looks like a hockey team logo.

For a page that's supposed to be THEMARKET, it seems that you should have the WORDS THE MARKET somewhere on the page.

CGC should always be capitalized. Your pattern matching needs work since you're reformatting the eBay titles.

Not crazy about the banner ad as it's basically the main graphic on your page.

The sorting index on the right is nice once you realize what it is.

More exposition needed.

The top tier of two icons for Facebook and Twitter is wasted space.... especially since it

seems the LIKE US contest ad is on every page.

Interesting idea and concept though... Could be a very nice reference. (thumbs u

If you'd like more feedback, please let me know. (Or donate something to the upcoming VCC Charity Auction) (thumbs u

Excellent feedback. I will donate to the charity and I will be calling you again. Thank you so much sckao. (thumbs u

i like your site. in my browser the sort functions get pushed down to the bottom of the page. i'd like to see them to the right of the list and maybe float them so they are always there even when you scroll?

my 2 cents based on my initial look-see.

Thanks. I probably need to restyle. Nice catch. (thumbs u