• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLORIDA SUPERCON : JULY 4-7, 2013 : MIAMI, FL.

145 posts in this topic

Still not one Image artist...
Nick Cardy is the guest of honor and you're complaining there's no Image artists? Do you have ANY idea how lucky you are? If there was any possible way I could attend this show I would, Cardy is one of the most amazing and prolific artists of the Silver and Bronze Ages. :facepalm:

I love Nick Cardy and his work. I will be in attendance so that I can meet him and get a few things signed.

With that said, I do agree with that Image creator statement but I do realize one truth:

Most guys/girls creating for Image comics right now are busy putting out new material. They are harder to get to attend shows simply because they need to get the next issue wrapped up. These guys are not sitting around their homes waiting for a convention contract to roll through.

While I'd love to see more independent creator talent at shows like FSC, I do realize that we should be grateful that they are able to get the talent they do get!

The lineup is solid and will likely get a few additions over the next few months.

I cannot wait!

It's not always the promoters choice. First it requires that a successful line of communication can be established. If you're lucky enough to get that, than all of the stars must align in order for the artist to attend. Working artists often have scheduling conflicts that prevent convention attendance.

It's not always the promoters choice. First it requires that a successful line of communication can be established. If you're lucky enough to get that, than all of the stars must align in order for the artist to attend. Working artists often have scheduling conflicts that prevent convention attendance.

Totally understandable!

Pike: Like I mentioned earlier... still a lot of contacts, offers and feelers out... we are still almost five months away from showtime.

I will be attending all big shows leading up to Supercon (Emerald City is next on the hit parade) to try and get guests interested in the show. Some of the names mentioned are on those lists... I can promise you that we will have the largest collection of talent possible.. and I'm doing my damndest to out do what we did last summer.... which was bigger and better than what we did the year before.

I would put our 2012 list up against most any other show out there without shame... and knowing what I know.. if the stars align... our 2013 lineup will be

one of the most impressive in the country for this year. What's cool about this is that its a bit of a Golden Age for comic fans in Florida... between what we've got going on in Miami... Megacon in Orlando... what the Tampa boys are doing up there (including their foray into Orlando), all the little cons popping up (more than ever)... there's never been more talent in the state at cons. That being said... I hear ya... you want some Image guys... I'll see what I can do. No promises... but i'll give it a shot.

Paolo Rivera and Joe Rivera have just been added to the guest list for Florida Supercon.

Paolo Rivera is known for his work as an artist and painter in comics such as The Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Mythos: Captain America, Mythos: Fantastic Four, Mythos: Ghost Rider, Mythos: Hulk, Mythos: Spider-Man, Mythos: X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine. Most recently, he penciled 6 issues of Mark Waid’s Daredevil run with his father, Joe Rivera, inking the issues, for which they received 2 Eisners. As well, he recently provided the covers for the final issues of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Going to ECCC?

Get some independent creators to join Supercon.

So far it looks like no love is being shown to creator owned only the Big 2.

For example:

Fiona Staples (Saga)

Kurtis Wiebe (Peter Panzerfaust)

Nate Bellegarde and Eric Stephenson (Nowhere Men)

Jhonen Vasquez (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac & INVADER ZIM!)

COMIC BOOK MEN stars Ming Chen, Michael Zapcic and Bryan Johnson (Steve-Dave Pulasti) have just been added to the added to the guest list for Florida Supercon 2013, July 4-7, www.floridasupercon.com

Ming’s road to the Secret Stash all began in 1995, when the college student, video store employee, and Kevin Smith follower developed a fan website based on the movie Clerks. Smith, who appreciated Chen’s work, reached out and asked him to create the Web site for his production company, View Askew Productions. Fifteen years later, not only does Chen continue to work on all of Smith’s online projects, but he has also ventured into several other areas within the Kevin Smith empire, most recently hosting a weekly podcast called I Sell Comics! with Michael Zapcic on Smith’s radio network, S.I.R.!: SModcast Internet Radio.

Michael has an encyclopedic knowledge of every issue of every comic known to man. If you are looking for a rare Marvel back issue, or you want to know in which episode an obscure character first appeared, Mike is your guy. Zapcic began his career at Secret Stash in 2000 and is still in awe that he is able to make a living doing something he is so passionate about. In addition to helping Walt run Secret Stash, Zapcic hosts a weekly podcast called I Sell Comics!, with Ming Chen, on Kevin Smith’s radio network, S.I.R.!: SModcast Internet Radio.

Bryan has appeared in a number of his longtime friend Kevin Smith’s films, including Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Dogma. In 2000, Johnson wrote, directed, and starred in Vulgar. Bryan has also penned comic books including Karney and War of the Undead. Currently, Johnson is the host of the podcast Tell ‘Em Steve-Dave!, along with Walt Flanagan and Brian Quinn. In 2010 the show won two Podcast Awards: People's Choice and Best Comedy. The show was also named a Best of 2010 audio podcast by iTunes.