• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Auction....

176 posts in this topic

Sorry scrubs but yours truly snagged the mega key of the entire auction! :baiting:

Eat your hearts out ladies!!! :whistle:

homer.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]Aunt Agatha will be so happy if he/she wins this book...[/font]

:eyeroll:

C'mon guys...quit dissing this book.

It's a SA First issue nano-key.

130481.jpg.dc595e3bf949dc5d95107d562aa02da4.jpg

I wish Comiclink would give back cover scans because a lot of comics i am looking at look a tad undergraded to me. Case in point a friend of mine won all his comics in the session 4 selection the last time out. Out of about 11 books 7 looked undergarded to me. He cracked and re-submitted 3 of them that looked definite certs for an upgrade and they all came back with higher grades, one of them went from 8.5 to 9.2.

I wish Comiclink would give back cover scans because a lot of comics i am looking at look a tad undergraded to me. Case in point a friend of mine won all his comics in the session 4 selection the last time out. Out of about 11 books 7 looked undergarded to me. He cracked and re-submitted 3 of them that looked definite certs for an upgrade and they all came back with higher grades, one of them went from 8.5 to 9.2.

Back cover AND enlargements would be nice. it is sort of a c-r-a-p shoot with them...

Scratching my head here. Am I missing something? ASM 210 in a 9.8 hammers at $375, but 215 in a 9.9 hammers at only $325. I've missed out on a few 9.8 210s in the past year and can't figure out why it's been selling so high. Madame Web isn't THAT big a character and the books isn't really rare. (shrug)

Not a complaint, per se, but a curiosity.

Scratching my head here. Am I missing something? ASM 210 in a 9.8 hammers at $375, but 215 in a 9.9 hammers at only $325. I've missed out on a few 9.8 210s in the past year and can't figure out why it's been selling so high. Madame Web isn't THAT big a character and the books isn't really rare. (shrug)

I was scratching my head on that #210 as well. I can't recall seeing a 9.8 get anywhere near that price previously, but maybe I just missed something.

I was scratching my head on that #210 as well. I can't recall seeing a 9.8 get anywhere near that price previously, but maybe I just missed something.

I've seen upwards of $200 in the last 12 months on a few copies. And THAT seems high to me. I might need to hunt for a high grade raw one and pay 20 bucks, then submit it myself.

Grabbed 3 happy happy books:

1) Ok, I am not wild about the tape on this one. But it presents well, fills out my run, and the price was right.

RADA19252012912_111945.jpg

2) I paid strong for this, but I've been chasing a nice copy for a good 2 years now. Enough was enough!

RADD4F1C2012828_15469.jpg

Grabbed this 1960s DC white-pager with a great cover for $75. :banana:

RADA92BF2012828_15320.jpg

Speaking of 9.9s, what is the over/under on the NM #98? Anyone think it will approach the previous $12K sale? Personally I am thinking it is going to struggle to hit $5K, but I guess we'll see.
Won't break 3000

It's ridiculous that a simple 0.1 means several thousand bucks for a book that is worth maybe $200 or so at a 9.8. It's like CGC can print money by choosing a book out of a group of 9.8s and giving it a 9.9 or 10.0. I would never pay a premium for a 9.9 or 10.0. I stick with 9.6s and an occasional 9.8. rantrant

Speaking of 9.9s, what is the over/under on the NM #98? Anyone think it will approach the previous $12K sale? Personally I am thinking it is going to struggle to hit $5K, but I guess we'll see.
Won't break 3000

pretty safe bet. didn't the next one for sale after the $12k hilarity go for something like $3600?