• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yay, I got a scanner. Yay, I got a (screwed up) web page...

13 posts in this topic

I scanned in a few pics to test my new scanner. I kind of messed up the layout, but I still thought I'd try to give you Marvel freaks an ideawhy someone might collect 1930s MM Mags. Nice copies are incredibly hard to find, but when they show upthey can be (IMHO) jawdroppingly beautiful. Please let me know ifyou can see the pics. If you don't laugh too much at Mickey, I mightpost some other pics from my set (+ some of the other weirdcomics that I collect). Btw., all the pics were scanned through mylars;the white specs + wraps are due to bags and my scanning incompetence.

1-17: I took off the link for now while I am putting together a nicer page ofmy MM Mag and early WDC&S runs (including #2 and #9 as Arty asked for).

VERY nice pics!

As some books are way too pricey for me I have to settle for "virtual collecting" scans of those books, so these are a great addition to my collection.

If you have wdc&s numbers 2 to 9 please scan and post pics of them. I haven't got a decent scan (with the exception of no7 you posted couple of days ago) of those or seen them for sale anywhere since I started to collect US comics one and a half year ago.

I do have pretty decent copies of almost all the early WDCS. Unfortunately, my #9 is one of the worst of them, but I'll still try to post a scan. There was a nice #9 among the set that I mentioned recently, but a few of those books turned out to be in worse shape after the seller took a closer look so I am still debating (the #7 that I already have is really nice also). Maybe I'll focus on my new Adventure & More Fun collections instead (if I like the Adv. #67 that I just won from JP - I have never seen one of those up close before).

Glad you liked the pics. I'll see if I can post some more.

Darn it, Povertyrow, quit bumping my old thread mad.gif. I'm still working on

putting my entire runs up in a nicer format.

Btw., any chance you could post some of your own favorite books? I liked

that Suspense #8 with the spider...