• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoarding keys???

63 posts in this topic

Forgot to log in... it's me (for those of you who remember)... I was at the criminal justice academy training to be a corrections officer. Now that I got my badge, I have a little bit of free time left.... but I will never catch up!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CHROMIUM MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those Triumphant books hold a place of honor in my collection because the writer for most of them is a guy named John Riley who owns Grasshopper Comics in Long Island where my parents live. I used to go there every Saturday and get him to sign my books!

Yeah, for some reason X-O Manowar is my favorite and I can happily say that I have everything Valiant put out with X-O, all in pristine condition. (of course CGC will never see how pristine it is because of their price increases!)

I also have boxes from Diamond of X-0 14 (170 copies) and X-0 15 (150 copies). These books are so good and so awesome just to read that if anyone wants a copy, I'll mail you one free. Just PM me your address. I also have 50 copies of Turok 1 from Diamond.

God, I love Valiants! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Yeah, for some reason X-O Manowar is my favorite

I agree. The first 12 or so issues were great. In fact all the early Valiants (pre-Unity) were great. It's a shame. There was so much potential there....

Jim

"In fact all the early Valiants (pre-Unity) were great. It's a shame. There was so much potential there...."

Indeed there was...........I thought Valiant was pretty strong right up until Acclaim took them over.

Then the wheels fell off the apple cart. frown.gif

I hoard copies of GI jOEs #2 and 21 and to a lesser extent #1..... I Just like having them....theyre still VERY tough to find in high grade though....most of them were reading copies.

theyre still VERY tough to find in high grade though....most of them were reading copies.

Dung (not Dunj), I have a high grade copy of Joe 1................................ and I hate it. I was thinking about using it for tp the next time I have a bm, but if you love it so much, I might just have to tear it up, put it in a bowl, and eat it like cereal. wink.gif Just kidding. You want it? It's probably like, an 11.9 or something.

Is it that issue you posted with the spine stress the size of New Hampshire? Hmmm, Ill take it. I have a bunch of copies of #1 but I can always use more.

Here's a question to ponder: If any of you were to come across a collection with many, many multiples of bronze keys(181, asm 121,122, etc) along with multiples of other less desireable issues, and the owner knew nothing of the value, would you give him a fair price?

I equate the question posted by anonymous with the same disdain as the "If a tree falls in the woods and noone is there to hear it. Does it make a noise?" question...

They are both lessons in hypothetical bullcrap...

"If a tree falls in the woods and noone is there to hear it. Does it make a noise?"

Well - it depends on your definition of NOISE. Dictionary.Com reveals the following few selected definitions of SOUND - (but they backstep NOISE, which is defined as a form of SOUND so these should do)...

1) Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.

2) Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.

3) The sensation stimulated in the organs of hearing by such vibrations in the air or other medium.

Definitions 1 and 2 would be a yes, as they do not require an organ to translate the vibrations. But definition 3 would be a reSOUNDing grin.gif NO because if no one is around, then no organs are poresent for sensory stimulation.

And what the heck am I saying? Arch - please put me in the penlty box until clarity is restored!!!!!!!!!! crazy.gif

hi by 68, are you referring to 1968 ? if possible, can you provide the seller's contact?

thanks

i am looking for a high issue of silver surfer 1 & 4.