• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subway information for NYCC 2012

2 posts in this topic

Felt this was important enough to make a thread and give everyone a heads up:

Since many of you are coming from out of town and will be staying all over the NYC area, you may want to bookmark this site on your smartphone or download one of the many mass transit apps in the App store.

MTA Site

http://www.mta.info/

Keep in mind that on weekends the MTA has been shutting down lines at or around midnight for track work. Unless you plan ahead you may experience difficulty in getting back to your hotels if you go out after the con. The last thing you want is to try and get a cab in the rain on a Saturday night.

NQR lines are major lines that will have sort of track work done on them this weekend as I believe will the 4,5,6 lines.

If taking the LIRR anywhere, remember no alcohol on weekend late night trains (they allow binge drinking at all other times on the train) and get the app for delay notifications.

Weekend "unannounced" subway changes is why I despise NYCC transit. Got stuck for almost 1.5 :P hours :o on a line that on the weekend suddenly became an express line and skipped the station I needed to get to close to my hotel. Was supposed to be only a 20 minute 1 way subway ride.