• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for desert wind comics

23 posts in this topic

Hello desert wind comics this is my first time wanting to get some books signed. I have a few questions.

Firstly I noticed that dwc announced Stan lee signing on nov 10 so my question is how does this work? Do I have to buy a pass from the dwc site (the 45 dollar pass?)

If I do have to how many signatures is the pass good for can I have more than one book signed by mr lee?

How do I get my books to dwc? How do I Mail them to you is there an address I am given to send out these books? Can I send more than one book and if yes how many can I send out?

What is the deadline for sending out books to you?

If there is a particular book that I want signed but I do not own it is there a way for me to buy the book directly from dwc to avoid losing any time?

Do the books get sent to get Cgc by dwc after the signing or is that up to me to decide?

If I got a book signed by one author but don't want to get it Cgc because I would eventually want it to be signed by someone else is that possible?

Anyone can pm me (or dwc) if it is easier I am very interested in getting a few books signed by Stan the man!

Thanks for the input fellas. They seem pretty busy with the convention schedule so I may have to wait. Ive got another set of books ready to ship out for Stan Lee but would like to hear about my first set of submissions before sending more.

Just a suggestion:

If you know the date of the show, you can call CGC and ask what day they are grading from. Its not as accurate as an invoice number, but it will give you a rough idea if the books were not Fast Tracked.

If they gave you an invoice number simply email them (look on their website for the proper email address) and tell them you would like an update. When they aren't traveling all over the country they will check on your invoice for you and email you back.

At least that is what I have done so far. It sometimes takes a little time.

In DWC defense, its takes most facilitators some time to get invoice numbers or updates out.

I figured that. This was my first submission so i wasnt sure how the process went as far as getting updates on the grading process. I assumed it would show up under my user cp like my other submissions to cgc. Ill wait it out. I am extremely grateful there is someone like DWC can get sigs for me.

They should have all the goldenrod colored cgc invoices from a show. It just takes them a while to go through the pile. I have seen Sharon actually reach through the pile & find an invoice from first pick & find the guy's invoice based off when he turned in the book during the day. It was at the end of the show too which was pretty cool.