• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red modern label vs blue

29 posts in this topic

Possibly, it could also come back lower..and it could also come back the same.

If you grade it higher and looks like it should be higher, then you should decide whether or not it's worth it to send it in.

Brian

If you do break it out in hopes of resubmitting for a higher grade, you'd better wear latex gloves while you are handling it. A fingerprint will ruin a 9.9 or 10.0 for you. I'd be happy with a 9.8.

If you have a 'red' lable 9.4 book, that is what you should reconsider sending in hopes of a 9.6. JMO.

And Donut, it doesn't matter! We beat Duke! Nothing else matters! All ACC Fans know this! wink.gif

Chris

Ive got a GI JOE #5 in a red label 9.6 and im going to resub for the 9.8. Looks like it has a good chance. I would never send in a 9.8 in hopes of getting anything higher.

If you have a 'red' lable 9.4 book, that is what you should reconsider sending in hopes of a 9.6.

There were certain periods in CGC's evolution when their grading was perceived to be stricter versus the current standards. HOWEVER, several people I have talked to, especially dealers, have indicated that early on, CGC was much LOOSER in their grading than they are today. I believe them - I once owned a certain Red Label Modern 9.4 from 1979 (which shall remain nameless) with ELEVEN COLOR-BREAKING STRESS MARKS.

So, unfortunately, one can absolutely NOT rely on simple rules of thumb regarding whether Red Label Moderns are undergraded or overgraded. I would wager that the overwhelming majority of them are NOT resubmission candidates.

Gene