• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Will the Catwoman Movie Fare at the U.S. Box Office?

How Will Catwoman Fare at the U.S. Box Office?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Catwoman Fare at the U.S. Box Office?

17 posts in this topic

How do you think the upcoming Catwoman movie starring Halle Berry will fare at the domestic (U.S.-only) box office during the full length of its run? You may vote for only 1 category and the polls close at 11:59pm EDT on July 22 (the movie opens on July 23).

I was going to check 25-50, but after all the hyping they've done for this movie I'll bet ppl get curious and check it out despite how bad it looks. Long story short, I chose 50-75

Brian

As did I...

Not that it deserves that much revenue, but you could spend $40 million promoting a 90-minute film of a light switch being turned on and off and it would get at least $30 million at the box office.

This shlockfest also includes boobs, so it virtually has to break $50 million no matter how bad it is. confused-smiley-013.gif

I dont know how many screens its got, or what else is opening against it... but a 25 million opening week, followed by a 50% drop off each week thereafter gets 50 after 4 weeks, so maybe it reaches 60 or so.... But if competition is heavy, and word of badmouth starts FRiday night, it might only do 15/7/4/2 for 30 total...

Box Office Mojo is reporting 2900+ screens for opening weekend...

Bourne Supremacy is the only other big budget opening, on 2800+

Spidey 2 was on 4,000 to start. I Robot is on 3,420. King Arthur opened on 3086. Anchorman opened on 3,091.

Catwoman will get a decent screen count the first two weeks. But they'll be dumping it in a hurry for week 3. confused-smiley-013.gif

25 - 50 million.

I think it will fall in between 35-40 million.

We had two great comic movies recently, X-men 2 and Spidey 2 (and I heard that Hellboy was actually pretty good), now it's time for the parade of duds.