• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the grade on this friggin X-men 94?

68 posts in this topic

We need a close up scan of the "stuff"!! Sounds like CGC is saying it wasn't on the book when manufactured (like an ink stain would be), and has basically soiled the back cover...

I think we need to focus on the stain too.. it must be pretty significant to cause such a downgrade. The problem with stains is that they are not easily seen when a comic is in a CGC holder. Can't they add stuff like that to the comments? Esp for books like this.

Yo, it would help if you actually ask in the body of your EMAIL. wink.gif However, a more crucial item is to actually have an attachment that works. Can't see anything once I open it! mad.gif

Yeah, damn rookie should have scraped it off before sending it!
Yea, but according to Murph and ComicInvestor, if you scrape externally added off, you should disclose it to the buyer and CGC should note it on the label! Try selling it once there's a "snot wiped off of back cover" comment on the label. tongue.gif

So, I should have actually disclosed the fingerprint that I expertly removed with an eraser to CGC before I sent in a now sold book? Mmmm, I guess all my buyers would be worried now! Hint: It got a 9.2! tongue.gif

I should have actually disclosed the fingerprint that I expertly removed with an eraser

Why stop there? Why not just admit to all those with "smeg" stains from previous owners that you personally licked off (and enjoyed thoroughly frown.gif ) before submitting to CGC?

I think if supa were to scrape it off and resubmit he would get a more desirable grade....

so this begs the question, steve borock, if i remove the "stuff" and resubmit, will the book get a CGC VF/NM 9.0 or atleast a higher grade?