• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 2: Totally sucked!

92 posts in this topic

I am sure this type of thread has already been established but I must tell someone. Of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen, this was the worst of the most hyped. Ugh! Aunt May..sucked. Peter Parker...sucked. MJ...really sucked. Harry O... sucked. Doc. Ock... partly sucked. Love themes...all sucked. Stan Lee cameo...sucked. Reality portion... sucked. Attempts at humor...sucked. Length of movie...sucked. J.J.J...awesome. I still can't get over it. What a waste of money. How can this piece of [!@#%^&^] be such a HUGE box office hit? Marketing does wonders I guess. Thanks for allowing me to vent and I apologize to all that enjoyed it. Just had to get it off my chest.

All I can say is I'm glad you are a minority....

Because I loved it more than the first one and I seriously think this is one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.

But of course you are welcome to your oppinion...although it does suck grin.gif

All I can say is I'm glad you are a minority....

Because I loved it more than the first one and I seriously think this is one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.

But of course you are welcome to your oppinion...although it does suck grin.gif

I agree. This is simply the BEST Superhero movie ever made. Better than Spidey 1, better than both X-Men flicks, and better than all the Batman and Superman movies. A thoroughly enjoyable movie experience and about as close to perfection as I could expect from a comic book movie. I'm buying the DVD the day it comes out. I'll add that the sequence where Spidey fights on the train and then stops it is the best filmed sequence in any comic book movie, ever. Followed second by the opening sequence with Nightcrawler in X2. -----Sid

The second time you watch Spider-man 2...

when you already know what happens...

those slow spots are... reeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyy slow.

The train scene? Fantastic.

The slow spots? Zzzzzz.

I'll be making regular use of "fast-forward" on this DVD. thumbsup2.gif

I am sure this type of thread has already been established but I must tell someone. Of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen, this was the worst of the most hyped. Ugh! Aunt May..sucked. Peter Parker...sucked. MJ...really sucked. Harry O... sucked. Doc. Ock... partly sucked. Love themes...all sucked. Stan Lee cameo...sucked. Reality portion... sucked. Attempts at humor...sucked. Length of movie...sucked. J.J.J...awesome. I still can't get over it. What a waste of money. How can this piece of [!@#%^&^] be such a HUGE box office hit? Marketing does wonders I guess. Thanks for allowing me to vent and I apologize to all that enjoyed it. Just had to get it off my chest.

So far, it's earned over a quarter of a billion dollars. Sorry you didn't like it, but somebody did. Maybe you were having a bad day when you went? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The reviews, even those from non-comic book lovers, have all been really positive. If nothing else, the movies Marvel has coming out right now are Sssooo much better than the pieces of @*&^*) they were responsible for in the late 70's & 80's. I say: Be happy there are comic book movies coming out that make the news, sell well & promote the comic book culture. On the other hand, "Hulk not Ang Lee! You wouldn't like Hulk if he were Ang Lee !!!! foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Some people walk the straight and narrow path.Although some have an approach of walking thru the hills and valleys just like there lives but then there are some that are mountain climbers and cant even get to the top because it's all 1 big mountain kind of like the life there living!

Mountain Climbers gotta Love em!

Davidking623

Some people walk the straight and narrow path.Although some have an approach of walking thru the hills and valleys just like there lives but then there are some that are mountain climbers and cant even get to the top because it's all 1 big mountain kind of like the life there living!

Mountain Climbers gotta Love em!

Davidking623

Can someone smarter than me please interpret this and tell me how it relates to the original post? foreheadslap.gif

I didn't think it sucked, but I certainly would never say it's the best superhero movie made. Why? I don't really see myself buying the DVD or wanting to watch it again. Superman 2 and "And now, son of Jorel, KNEEL TO ZOD"! I have watched over and over. Sure, the Spidey special effects were better, but the plot/story for me just doesn't compare.

If you haven't, go watch Superman #2 again! Or even the first Superman!

So far, it's earned over a quarter of a billion dollars. Sorry you didn't like it, but somebody did.

Sorry, but just because it did well doesn't automatically make it a good movie! Ford Taurus at one point was the top selling car, did that make it the best? Backstreet Boys and N'Sync sold millions upon millions of albums, did that make them the best?

Just playing devil's advocate here...

I'm very glad that the movie is doing well! I was just bored with the opening plot development, which smacked the audience in the face repeatedly with Peter's financial problems. Ok, we get it, he's broke. Oh, how oh how can he EVER overcome such adversity? Poor Spiderman.

I will admit the train scene rocked though!

One last thing - no one on the train had a camera to take a shot of Spiderman "exposed"?

Not that Im smarter than you Sid! My Best friend and I we talk about Mountain climbers! They are people that like to make a big deal out of anything and everything instead of treating everything like it has little peaks and valleys Example( Go to work, make money, pay bills, live life to the fullest, kiss the love of your life, deal with making mistakes and still be happy with who you are) Kind of like the Character Spider-man that we saw in Spidey 2 that is Peter Parker.Mountain climbers are like the one that started this post and can only see the top of the mountain like the one that there seeing everyday in there life! There life must really suck if you didnt like this movie, just my opinion.

Davidking623

I'm very glad that the movie is doing well! I was just bored with the opening plot development, which smacked the audience in the face repeatedly with Peter's financial problems. Ok, we get it, he's broke. Oh, how oh how can he EVER overcome such adversity? Poor Spiderman.

I will admit the train scene rocked though!

One last thing - no one on the train had a camera to take a shot of Spiderman "exposed"?

I do agree that the problems that Peter/Spidey was having in the first half of the film was a bit long.You also must remember that the director was also showing he was having problems coping with his family,friends and school,which is a result of the spider's bite from the first film which alter his life forever.When you look at the first film and now in the second it just proves that we are watching the growth of the superhero and his place in the world.

The thing you are forgetting is.. this movie is slanted towards Kids/Teens.

Seeing a young Hero(Spidey/Peter) going through all the problems a kid has in todays world.. is something they can relate to.

Try and picture your self 11 / 13 years old ( not the fun loving TasteofHatred you are now) and you are going to see this movie..more then likely it would rock..but we.. as jaded movie vets like to pick apart a movie for all of its faults.

Yes I too cant help but pick apart things I did not like about the Spidey 2 movie.. but I went in expecting..

Spiderman..

webs..

MJ,

Doc Oc..

with great power comes great responsibility..

and I got exactly all that in spades.

I am not sure what you were expecting when you went to see this.. but suspend belief a bit for gods sake ..as you enter the Theater ..

Try not to bring along all your preconceived notions of what you think the movie should be.. and just enjoy it for what it is.. a darn good superhero romp .. that is trying really, really hard to have a soul.. and characters that we just might care about ...

And I can see you are true to your namesake.. A taste of Hatred indeed..

We are all entitled to our opinions. you stated yours.. I stated mine

sumo.gifsumo.gif

Might I ask .. what exactly did you expect when you went in??..

And please tell us what would you have done differently? confused-smiley-013.gif

Z

Oh, don't get me wrong, it blew the doors off of the first Spider-man movie. I thoroughly enjoyed #2 and would recommend it. All I'm saying is I don't think it was the best superhero movie of all time, mainly because I enjoyed the first two Superman movies - in particular #2. Those three goons from Superman's home planet were a gas, especially the bearded buffoon.