• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

Somebody brought up speculation on another thread today mentioning the new Agents of Shield tv show saying it could cause some of the Agent Coulson appearances to be in demand. Last night I read about a book called Ghost Projekt heating up due to a potential show.

Which do you think will be bigger ? Iron Man Agents of Shield/Battle Scars with the show being made or Ghost Projekt with its potential ?

Hi. I read that the Agent Coulson's first appearance was in digital comic "Iron Man 2: Phil Coulson: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1" but was later printed in actual comic book format. I've never been able to find it. Have you?

Battle Scars is still inexpensive.

Somebody brought up speculation on another thread today mentioning the new Agents of Shield tv show saying it could cause some of the Agent Coulson appearances to be in demand. Last night I read about a book called Ghost Projekt heating up due to a potential show.

Which do you think will be bigger ? Iron Man Agents of Shield/Battle Scars with the show being made or Ghost Projekt with its potential ?

Hi. I read that the Agent Coulson's first appearance was in digital comic "Iron Man 2: Phil Coulson: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1" but was later printed in actual comic book format. I've never been able to find it. Have you?

Hi and WTTB !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Iron+man+2+agents

Hope that helps.

Hi and WTTB !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Iron+man+2+agents

Hope that helps.

Thank you!

His first appearance was this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Incredible_Hulk:_The_Fury_Files_Vol_1_1

But that was a digital comic.

His first appearance in print was this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man/The_Incredible_Hulk/Nick_Fury_Vol_1_1

That book predates every other book that is considered his first appearance.

It also should be pointed out that the Iron Man Incredible Hulk Nick Fury one shot and the Iron Man 2 Agents of Shield books are both part of the Marvel cinematic universe, earth 19whateverthehellitis. The Battle Scars books are still his first appearance in the regular Marvel universe.

His first appearance was this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Incredible_Hulk:_The_Fury_Files_Vol_1_1

But that was a digital comic.

His first appearance in print was this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man/The_Incredible_Hulk/Nick_Fury_Vol_1_1

That book predates every other book that is considered his first appearance.

Thanks!

I was going on the Comicvine info which I guess is wrong.

http://www.comicvine.com/phil-coulson/4005-70860/

It also should be pointed out that the Iron Man Incredible Hulk Nick Fury one shot and the Iron Man 2 Agents of Shield books are both part of the Marvel cinematic universe, earth 19whateverthehellitis. The Battle Scars books are still his first appearance in the regular Marvel universe.

See Batman Adventures 12. His first printed appearance is the Iron Man/Fury/Hulk one-shot.

See Batman Adventures 12. His first printed appearance is the Iron Man/Fury/Hulk one-shot.

No guarantee that logic will translate.

This is a market that has decided Jimmy Olsen 134 is Darkseid's first appearance, despite being only a one panel image on a TV monitor, but Gambit's 5 page appearance in X-Men Annual 14 is a cameo.

His first printed appearance is the Iron Man/Fury/Hulk one-shot.

I don't disagree with you, was merely pointing out the distinction

This is a market that has decided Jimmy Olsen 134 is Darkseid's first appearance, despite being only a one panel image on a TV monitor, but Gambit's 5 page appearance in X-Men Annual 14 is a cameo.

I agree on both counts but my argument works like this: BA 12 ( out of continuity ) predates Batman Harley One-Shot just as Iron Man/Hulk/Fury ( out of continuity ) predates Battle Scars 1,6.

There is no guarantee but a fact is a fact. Whatever the market decides is more valuable does not concern me only that the actual first appearance is accurately described.

Edited by MrWeen

I agree on both counts but my argument works like this: BA 12 ( out of continuity ) predates Batman Harley One-Shot just as Iron Man/Hulk/Fury ( out of continuity ) predates Battle Scars 1,6.

There is no guarantee but a fact is a fact. Whatever the market decides is more valuable does not concern me only that the actual first appearance is accurately described.

I follow the same logic except I don't personally collect books out of continuity. I know it shouldn't matter especially since DC has done away with all pre-New 52 stuff. and Marvel bounces all over. I just like there to be some parameters. So for me there are 1st appeances and 1st appearances in continuity. Its just like the board game you show on the Batman Adventures 12 thread (which I have by the way) it might be first but certainly doesn't fit in my comic collection. 2c

I do however agree that a first appearance is a first appearance wether or not it is in continuity so you are absolutely factual in pointing this out. (thumbs u

Edited by The Authority

I follow the same logic except I don't personally collect books out of continuity. I know it shouldn't matter especially since DC has done away with all pre-New 52 stuff. and Marvel bounces all over. I just like there to be some parameters. So for me there are 1st appeances and 1st appearances in continuity. Its just like the board game you show on the Batman Adventures 12 thread (which I have by the way) it might be first but certainly doesn't fit in my comic collection. 2c

I do however agree that a first appearance is a first appearance wether or not it is in continuity so you are absolutely factual in pointing this out. (thumbs u

well said, i don't want to beat a dead horse either. I just wish I could play the game, it's still sealed!

I read stuff like this and sometimes and wonder how networks survive .

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/09/brubaker-and-rucka-respond-to-gotham-tv-series-news/

Somebody makes a decision not to use the source material by 2 upper echelon writers in Rucka and Brubaker and skips using Gotham Central which IMO is one of the best comic runs I've ever read. Mix this with the fact one of the writers even offered to help, ( which I hope they choose to accept ), and so far he hasn't been contacted. I feel like tv producers regularly shoot themselves in the foot for creative control.

I read stuff like this and sometimes and wonder how networks survive .

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/09/brubaker-and-rucka-respond-to-gotham-tv-series-news/

Somebody makes a decision not to use the source material by 2 upper echelon writers in Rucka and Brubaker and skips using Gotham Central which IMO is one of the best comic runs I've ever read. Mix this with the fact one of the writers even offered to help, ( which I hope they choose to accept ), and so far he hasn't been contacted. I feel like tv producers regularly shoot themselves in the foot for creative control.

The story of Gordon before he knew Batman, this sounds like a boring failure from the start and a big flop just like Birds of Prey. Sad that they couldn't use Gotham Central story source material, its right there in front of them. :makepoint:

Edited by natevegas

Not sure why it would automatically be boring. It would be a cop show with much more interesting and outrageous villains than the typical police procedural. Something like the "monster of the week" episodes of the X-Files, only with more action, mixed with organized crime centered shows like Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos.

Not sure why it would automatically be boring. It would be a cop show with much more interesting and outrageous villains than the typical police procedural. Something like the "monster of the week" episodes of the X-Files, only with more action, mixed with organized crime centered shows like Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos.

Nah this is straight up boring. Gordon is a support character and making it like all the cop dramas does not spell ratings. Plus he would be outgunned and outmatched by super-villains without Batman as the lead. This is like making a show about the place Batman will appear in just he's not here now.

Edited by natevegas