• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: TMNT Edition (The Finals on pg. 12)

164 posts in this topic

:banana: Thanks!

My suggestion for the next contest will be a little unconventional. I'd like to see the best "cover remarks" (if there's a better term, please feel free) out there.

The stipulation would be that no book that was ever intended to have a sketch added to it would be allowed (Fallen Son, Secret Invasion, etc.) nor would any that weren't intended to be used that way but commonly get used that way (Zero Hour, ASM v2 #36, Midnight Massacre, etc.).

For example, something like this would be allowed:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles182ndPrint.jpg

But something like this wouldn't due to the fact that the blank space seems intended for a sketch.

AmazingSpider-man1Authentix-Spidey.jpg

I'd be happy to clear up any questions before starting up the next one. I guess I'm looking for sketches that are added right over the cover art/logo. There are some great Totleben, Van Sciver, Trimpe, Lilly, and Zeck sketches out there and I'm sure plenty of others. Who has the best?

st20totleben.jpg

RE: the Saga book

I'd say no if it were up to me. There's no art on the back cover other than the sketch. In my mind the spirit of the competition this time would be for the art to be added on top of existing art...mainly as a bonus from the artist to the fan. If there's a blank area within the artwork that an artist utilizes to add a quick sketch, then it's eligible. In other words, if the sketch were added to the front cover and not the back, it'd be eligible.

But as I said before, that's just my 2c

That Swamp Thing book, however, is exactly what I'm looking for. (thumbs u