• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Super MegaFest and Boardie meet 11/17/2012

74 posts in this topic

Don't touch your AF15...that's just a horrible mistake.

Stan will sign more than one book, but it will cost you more :) for those that have never had Stan sign something, he charges around $50 a signature or so. At least every ComicCon I've been to that's the going rate.

Yup that's a better one considering its worthless by comic book men standards.

But according to them it's worth a mint compared to Daredevil 1.

Mabye my Iron Man 1 cgc 9.0 is a better book?

I don't think Stan worked on this book, did he? Not sure if you're a stickler for having creators only sign books they worked on.

I'm still unsure if I will be attending, but I think I've figured out which book I am going to have Stan sign if I do attend.

However, overlooked a little in the (totally justifiable) Stan hype is that Al Plastino -- the co-creator of Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes -- is also scheduled to be in attendance. Unfortunately I don't have any of his big keys or issues featuring his covers, but I do have some low grade Actions that he did interior work on. I am leaning towards #317, which features a Supergirl story he did art for, and #340, as he drew the first appearance of Parasite as well.

#334, which reprints Supergirl's first appearance, would also be nice but I don't seem to actually own it. Maybe I can track down a copy in the next three days...

This is a fun show for sure but is known for it's cancellations. Speaking of, as of 11am this morning this is the cyurrent cancellation list:

Jon Bernthal, Avery Brooks, Ernie Hudson, Amber Smith, Rain, Winter, Al Plastino, Jamal Igle, Richard Maurizio, Daphnee Duplaix.

This is a fun show for sure but is known for it's cancellations. Speaking of, as of 11am this morning this is the cyurrent cancellation list:

Jon Bernthal, Avery Brooks, Ernie Hudson, Amber Smith, Rain, Winter, Al Plastino, Jamal Igle, Richard Maurizio, Daphnee Duplaix.

The Rain canceled?? Cool everyone can put the tops down on their convertibles now.

The Rain canceled?? Cool everyone can put the tops down on their convertibles now.

Even better, Winter canceled as well. This is going to be great!

Stinks that Al Plastino canceled. Is there a list of cancellations online? I check their website last night before I posted about Plastino to make sure he was still attending and he was still listed on their main page.

What's next, spring, summer, and fall cancelling? Oh the humanity.

Looks like I'll be there though... :whee:

I'm 90% sure I'll be there. (shrug) lunch?

Andrew, are you going to have a table too? We could check in where he is. You haven't lived until you've met GACollectibles anyways.

Andrew, are you going to have a table too? We could check in where he is. You haven't lived until you've met GACollectibles anyways.

So true, so true. Sharks have a week named after Andy.

So true, so true. Sharks have a week named after Andy.

lol Massachusetts own Chuck Norris.