• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Super MegaFest and Boardie meet 11/17/2012

74 posts in this topic

Being a 'coin geek', I just happened to be (still here) at the Sheraton Tara. We (my buddy and myself) drop the dog off at Petsmart every 4-5 weeks, give him a haircut, the royal treatment, and we always stay at the Tara, we close Molly Malone's all the time. Well, we check in last night, and there's costumed people all over, we don't know whats going on!.

We get into the 'vator to go to my room, and who's in the 'vator with me? Yep, Stan Lee, just after his 90th party. No comics on me (didn't know what was happening), but I did get an autograph and picture with him in the 'vator, and it didn't cost me a penny (I DID know who he was)!

The place was MOBBED (but, I've never been before, keep that in mind). Mr. Lee was a very nice gentleman. He's staying on the 6th floor, as I am, just FYI....lol.

LOTS of babes, twice as many hooters ( ;) ), it was very cool. I hung out with some of you 'comicees'(???)......I didn't have to wait in line to get in, as I was a 'customer' of the hotel, but I did pay the entrance fee to get in today. LOTS of temptresses.....the fun is still going on ..........you comics people know how to have a good time......and the costumes on some of the well endowed, well built, women, well, I think I just got me into comics....you don't see what I saw (and took many pics of) at a coin show, that's for damn sure!!!!

Hmmm, fat guys with mustard stains on their shirts, or hot chicks with 6" heels, rubber masks, tight costumes, S&M themes.....not to mention the BATMOBILE!!!!!..........I think I have to get into comics fast!!!!!!!

No $10 Indian gold coin can look as good as some of what I saw today!!! May have to go trolling in a few minutes, hopefully that 'ample' gal with the costume malfunction earlier today is still there!!!

So it was an ok show but I have to give my feedback/opinion on the Stan lee signing and Desert Wind. After what I experienced with watching how Desert Wind operates I would recommend that CGC add a new section to slab labels that mention if they were a desert wind submission or or not. I've experienced using them in the past at other conventions with similar bad experiences but this one sealed the deal. Desert Wind is the most unprofessional service I have ever seen in my life. They were rude to all customers and handled the comics horribly. If you submitted at this show via desert wind, expect your grade to drop a full grade based on what I saw. What pissed me off more is that there was no validation done that the signatures were in fact real. Stan signed in one room and desert wind was in another room. There was no chaperon between both rooms. The line formed t desert winds unprofessional table where i observed people pulling books out if their backpacks with a Stan lee signature from earlier in the day (or another time) where they submitted them. Did Stan even sign them? According to the cgc SS slab they will get back he did. As far as the $5 COA you could buy from them, the handwriting was not legible and very rushed.

Sorry to rant on this but I was that disgusted with Desert Wind and will NEVER use them. In fact I won't use any kind of proxy to CGC. Desert Wind left a bad taste in my mouth about that. Fire the two women that worked the super megafest show ASAP.

So it was an ok show but I have to give my feedback/opinion on the Stan lee signing and Desert Wind. After what I experienced with watching how Desert Wind operates I would recommend that CGC add a new section to slab labels that mention if they were a desert wind submission or or not. I've experienced using them in the past at other conventions with similar bad experiences but this one sealed the deal. Desert Wind is the most unprofessional service I have ever seen in my life. They were rude to all customers and handled the comics horribly. If you submitted at this show via desert wind, expect your grade to drop a full grade based on what I saw. What pissed me off more is that there was no validation done that the signatures were in fact real. Stan signed in one room and desert wind was in another room. There was no chaperon between both rooms. The line formed t desert winds unprofessional table where i observed people pulling books out if their backpacks with a Stan lee signature from earlier in the day (or another time) where they submitted them. Did Stan even sign them? According to the cgc SS slab they will get back he did. As far as the $5 COA you could buy from them, the handwriting was not legible and very rushed.

Sorry to rant on this but I was that disgusted with Desert Wind and will NEVER use them. In fact I won't use any kind of proxy to CGC. Desert Wind left a bad taste in my mouth about that. Fire the two women that worked the super megafest show ASAP.

hm

I have no experience with Desertwind but I honestly don't understand why people didn't use GAcollectibles. He offers great service and is a local boy. Support your local facilitator.

That's who I used.

^^

Because 99.9999% of the people don't know who GA is at conventions like super megafest. I sat around the desert wind booth just observing people and almost everyone was just submitting to get the "official" SS slab. Most people are not Slab collectors. No one knew anything about grading, nor cared about a grade. I watched people submitting the most awkward non-key issues in horrible shape because they didn't want to have the crappy $5 COA they offer.

For what it's worth, after I observed desert wind I didn't have the 3 books i wanted signed. I purchased a sick looking iron man poster/art and had Stan sign it so I can just hang it up. Desert Wind made me not submit. Also the prices desert wind charge are outrageous. It was a total of $63 for a modern fast track that a buddy of mine did through them.

I have no experience with Desertwind but I honestly don't understand why people didn't use GAcollectibles. He offers great service and is a local boy. Support your local facilitator.

That's who I used.

^^

And me !

Andy's "Personal service" is second to none.

That's who I used.

^^

And me !

Awkward...

+1 (thumbs u

++1 (thumbs u

That's who I used.

^^

And me !

Awkward...

Depends :shy:

+1 (thumbs u

++1 (thumbs u

Andy is the best and great to work with.