• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do YOU close a bag?

How do you close a bag?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How do you close a bag?

25 posts in this topic

Ok, I think I've bought enough comics from various sources by now to honestly say that there isn't a consensus on how to close a bag.

I've seen so many variations, with varying degrees of success in closing (and being able to open) bags.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see how many people use a given method, and give you an opportunity to sell your style. (The same goes for those who want to vent about their taping pet-peeves.)

I'm going to attempt to create an all-inclusive poll for this, sorry if I don't include your method...

Let 'er rip! (for the record, this is what we are trying to avoid)

I don't have any one set way to close a comic bag. I prefer the post-its so the flap doesn't "flap" and I don't have to feel guilty about using tape, which I sometimes still do, despite knowing I shouldn't.   :blush:

For crack I use 1"x1" single track zips as those make the carrying, concealment, and handoffs so much easier. :insane:

You missed the American option - put the comic upside down in the bag

then fold n tuck

True, I did leave it out accidentally. But honestly, I've seen that one less than all the others, and I live there. One store does it consistently near me though, and it drives me crazy.

I use one piece in the middle . I give it a decent length and i put it at a 45 or so degree angle . In my opinion this puts less pressure on the middle of the book , because its easier to get to the tape and open it .

Where's the "I send it through a shrink wrap machine" option?

I use the 2 piece wide method

Based on title alone this thread makes a wonderful companion piece to the "How do I fold a box" thread.

I use Office Depot re-stickable white circular labels. Peels safely off an AF15 if needed, and permits writing of grade/price/etc.

Thanks for the good tip! :golfclap: I will have to try those out. I dont care for tape because it is dangerous in the wrong hands and cause fatal accidents :eyeroll:

Post-it flags get bent easily