• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do YOU close a bag?

How do you close a bag?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How do you close a bag?

25 posts in this topic

Long, long ago I worked for a guy who would fold, tuck AND tape - thereby ruining the bag because you either had to dig in with your fingernail to remove the tape, damaging the bag - or you had to just run a razor over the tape to get it out, then retape it when you put it back in.

Annoying as :censored:

I've found my methods have changed over the years along with the types of bags/boards used. In my early ignorant years it was acidic backer boards and poly bags with 1 long horizontal piece from edge to edge and then 2 vertical pieces folded around from back to front on the remaining outer open edge to effectively seal in the comic. >gun to head and pull< but this actually prevented a silverfish invasion while my comics were in TX throughout my collecting hiatus while I attended college, though 2 beloved copies weren't sealed all the way and suffered becoming a meal. :(

Gradually as I became more knowledgeable and lazy, the bags and boards got better (E Gerber mylite2 and Full Backs) and the tape got smaller. Now I'm down to 1/2" of tape in the middle snug but not too tight. When opening a comic proves tough or risky, I'll just slice the tape with an x-acto knife. I do like the suggestions of the white circular labels and post-its. (thumbs u