• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Comicon - Sunday December 16th

125 posts in this topic

I had a good time at the show and it was nice meeting and talking with Brock.

It pretty much took me going to all the the dealer tables but I was able to find the 3 issues of Iron Man I've been hunting; in the grades I wanted and the price ranges I was willing to pay.

Still didn't find a Batman 232 in the price range I was will to pay. I saw a few CGC 9.2's and a 9.4 copy but they were more then I was willing to spend.

I do have to say I liked the new location better then the old; since it felt like it was easier to move around (most of the time) and the lay out of everything seemed better. Plus I even won one of the trades from the drawings this time (thumbs u

Psy

It pretty much took me going to all the the dealer tables but I was able to find the 3 issues of Iron Man I've been hunting; in the grades I wanted and the price ranges I was willing to pay.

Still didn't find a Batman 232 in the price range I was will to pay. I saw a few CGC 9.2's and a 9.4 copy but they were more then I was willing to spend.

I do have to say I liked the new location better then the old; since it felt like it was easier to move around (most of the time) and the lay out of everything seemed better. Plus I even won one of the trades from the drawings this time (thumbs u

Psy

:applause:

What issues of Iron Man did you need?

Gonna be tough to find a Bats #232 at a good price.........most of the time if there is one in the room, the dealers buy it lol

We're hoping to stay at the Marriott.............we'll see

Glad you won a door prize!

Remember - Board members get in free

:hi: I plan to be in Charlotte that weekend with some friends and may stop by your show can I get a free pass. :foryou:

Good seeing you and your friends yesterday too..............hope you found all you were looking for at the show.

Thanks for coming!

Great Comic Show and Good to meet you Rick and thanks for the free admission from me and my two friends. :cool:

Great Selection of Comics I bought a very Cool CGC 5.0 Signature Series ASM #39 signed by both Stan Lee and John Romita from Columbia Comics and shrunkenhead great to meet some fellow boardies. Also bought two cool Double Cover Comics, got a very unusual book from David Burns a Fantastic Four Comic with a DC Night Force Cover on it and even found a 30 cent Marvel Price Variant in a $1 box I also boughts a huge stack of .50 cent $1 & $2 comics from many different dealers. Talked with Earl Shaw & David Shankle for a bit and many others I did not know, I had a good time. My comic collecting friend that I went with came out with a huge stack of comics also so I am pretty sure he enjoyed it too. (thumbs u (thumbs u

:applause: Glad you guys made it!!!

Psy

:applause:

What issues of Iron Man did you need?

Gonna be tough to find a Bats #232 at a good price.........most of the time if there is one in the room, the dealers buy it lol

We're hoping to stay at the Marriott.............we'll see

Glad you won a door prize!

I was looking for issues 8, 9 and 10; to complete my run of 1 to 10; and puts me that much closer to having a complete run of 1 to 332. I'm sitll missing quite a few issues; but most of those are north of issue 56 and below issue 100; which should make them easier to fine; plus missing about 20 issues below 54.

There were quite a few nice issues of Bats 232 at the summer show; but I was on a pretty strick spending limit; due to what I spent at SDCC that I was unable to pull the trigger. Hind sight is 20/20 and it won't be the 1st or the last time that I missed out on a comic.

Psy