• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting Submissions & Sketch Covers for So Cal Comic Con (Marc Silvestri, more

11 posts in this topic

We are accepting submissions for the upcoming So Cal Comic Con in Oceanside on Sunday, November 18th, as well as for comic creators attending the CTN Animation Expo in Burbank the same weekend. (see below for info)

SPECIAL SKETCH COVER OFFER: For those of you that cannot attend the show, we are extending a special offer regarding blank sketch covers and a number of our guests. We are charging a special CGC grading cost of $22.40 per blank sketch cover, plus the $5 invoice fee and return shipping cost, if you buy a sketch from one of our attending artists at their rate. In addition, we will provide blank covers at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE as long as you understand that we cannot guarantee a specific grade. We will try to make sure the blanks we can provide are of 9.6/9.8 quality. You can mail Joel your blank sketch covers as well, and prepping those books is always encouraged.

For those of you who attend the show and get sketches from these artists, we will bill you the same amount. We will be posting sketch rates of various artists in the next few days, and a few of their rates are already below. We will update this thread as more information is provided.

Guests attending the So Cal Comic Con include:

Marc Silvestri

Eric Basaldua

Joe Benitez

Brian Buccellato

Keu Cha

Tony Fleecs

Richard Friend

Joel Gomez

Sina Grace

Mike McKone

Chris Moreno

Marat Mychaels

Tone Rodriguez

Peter Steigerwald

Tom Waltz

Joe Weems

David Wohl

SKETCH COVER OFFER FOR:

Joe Benitez (Any other blank: $40 head sketch, $100 bust, $160 torso sketch)

Joe Benitez (Lady Mechanika Blank: $100 head sketch, $200 bust, $300 torso)

Brian Buccellato (TBD)

Keu Cha ($100 for bust sketch, $200 for full figure)

Tony Fleecs ($20 for head sketch, $50 for full, $75 for full w/color)

Joel Gomez ($30 for bust sketch, $60 for full figure)

Sina Grace ($20 for a sketch)

Mike McKone ($50 head sketch, $75 bust, $150 half figure, $250 full figure, +$50 for color)

Chris Moreno (TBD)

Marat Mychaels ($40 for bust sketch, $60 for full, $85 for full w/color)

Tone Rodriguez ($35 for bust or head sketch)

In addition, I am accepting submissions for 3 comic creators appearing at a nearby convention the same weekend (not taking sketch requests for ANY of these 3 creators):

J. Scott Campbell

Terry Dodson

Francisco Herrera

COSTS: For Modern comic books to be signed, I am charging $35 per Modern book to get the book signed and CGC graded. (Add $5 for J. Scott Campbell signed books) In addition, you will pay the $5 CGC invoice fee and return shipping depending on the shipping method you prefer and your return address.

DEADLINE: We need any books in hand by Thursday, November 15th, especially for any comics needing Campbell, Dodson, or Herrera signatures. Please mail the books to:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

PAYMENT: We accept PayPal (jolelad@yahoo.com) or you can send a check or money order with the books. For those of you only getting sketch covers that we are providing, we are asking a 3% surcharge to cover PayPal fees.

We are hoping you guys take advantage of our sketch cover offer and get some sweet books done. If anyone is wondering why we are doing this, the answer is simple: We want to ensure the artists make some good money for attending our show, and it's always fun to see what sketch covers get created. :)

Any questions, feel free to PM Joel. Thanks!

Joel & Rey

So Cal Comic Con

good question

Will there be fee for signatures after the first? I am attending the show, $35/book fee for the modern also applied?

I want to coordinate with CGC before answering the question about multiple signatures. If you are attending the show, and will stand in line to get the book signed by 1 person, the $28 rate per Modern can apply.

Will there be fee for signatures after the first? I am attending the show, $35/book fee for the modern also applied?

I want to coordinate with CGC before answering the question about multiple signatures. If you are attending the show, and will stand in line to get the book signed by 1 person, the $28 rate per Modern can apply.

Thanks for the answer, $28/SS is very affordable and now I can do FT! See you at the show.

Thanks for the answer, $28/SS is very affordable and now I can do FT! See you at the show.

In answer to your other question:

I do NOT have to charge for multiple signatures as long as everyone is available at the time the book is being signed, which means that you can submit it to me at the show and I'll make sure it gets signed by the people you request. The sooner in the day you can submit the books, the better.

Ebas gonna do sketches?

That will be up to Eric the day of the show. Currently, I am NOT taking in sketch requests for Eric, but I believe he will accept commissions at the show based on the time available. I believe his rate is $250 for a sketch, $350 for color and he strongly prefers to do them on art board/paper and NOT sketch covers.

Please note that if you want books signed by the following creators, we can accommodate that as they will be at the CTN Animation Expo:

Ryan Benjamin

Eric Canete

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

Doug TenNapel (creator, Earthworm Jim)

At the moment, we are NOT taking sketch requests for these gentlemen, but if you really want a price quote, PM Joel and we'll see what we can do.

I found some more sketch covers, including Amazing Spidey 648 and Ultimate Spidey 160. I can get Green Lantern or Swamp Thing blanks if someone is on the fence about getting a nice sketch. :)

Loving all these requests! Hope to see some boardies this weekend too... Remember, with David Wohl, Joe Weems, and other Top Cow veterans like eBas, Benitez and Steigerwald coming, you can get some great Marc Silvestri books signed and graded at this show, including the Darkness #108 So Cal Comic Con variant we just unveiled!