• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Episode VII, date announced in theatres July 17, 2015

121 posts in this topic

Having a release date at the exact time the rights were sold is not exactly a positive thing. If they released at least a plot outline or a story line it was based on, I would be much more optimistic. We shall see. Oh and for the record, Revenge of the Sith was awesome in my opinion. We shall see. Maybe Lucas wrote an out line before selling?Who knows?

To all those affected by 'Sandy,' God bless...

'mint'

Having a release date at the exact time the rights were sold is not exactly a positive thing. If they released at least a plot outline or a story line it was based on, I would be much more optimistic. We shall see. Oh and for the record, Revenge of the Sith was awesome in my opinion. We shall see. Maybe Lucas wrote an out lie before selling?Who knows?

To all those affected by 'Sandy,' God bless...

'mint'

on X-Play they said he did outline a plot for 7-9

Since the Lucas 4 billion thread is walking away slowly,might as well post this here.

Lucasfilm confirms: Michael Arndt will write Star Wars: Episode VII

Jamie Frevele at 7:04 pm Fri, Nov 9

In an update to yesterday's post about Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine) writing the next installment of the Star Wars saga, Lucasfilm confirmed on StarWars.com that it's official: Arndt is writing the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII, slated for release in 2015. No news yet on a title, but the Oscar-winner has been meeting with George Lucas and new Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy for story conferences. The wheels are in motion, ladies and gentlemen -- new Star Wars movies are totally happening. (via Deadline)

Wow, is Mark Hammil just aging not well or was he in some kind of accident?

You aren't serious, are you?

I'm not even a nerd and I know that one.

Well,that car accident did happen between Star wars and Empire,so it wouldnt be the reason for this look.

Getting older might have to do something with it.

From the wiki page.

Car accident

On January 11, 1977, one day before he was set to shoot one of the final scenes needed for Star Wars, Hamill was in a car accident in which he fractured his nose and left cheekbone, which required seven hours of surgery. As a result of the accident, a double was used for the landspeeder pickup shots

Yeah, I knew about the accident 35 years ago.

I guess he's just not aging well

And you are a nerd, just like the rest of us. :sumo:

Boy you do learn something new every day huh ?

Robert Englund was auditioning for a part in Apocalypse Now when he walked across the hall where auditions were taking place for George Lucas' Star Wars. After watching the auditions for awhile, he realized that his friend, aspiring actor Mark Hamill, would be perfect for the role of Luke Skywalker. He suggested to Hamill that he audition for the part; Hamill did, and won the role.

Thats right,freakin Freddy Krueger is responsible for Luke Skywalker.

lol

Imagine Coppola during the hellish shoot of Apocalypse now getting the news his buddy George has one of the biggest hits in the history of movies.

Now i understand why he wanted to shoot himself.

Yeah, I knew about the accident 35 years ago.

I guess he's just not aging well

And you are a nerd, just like the rest of us. :sumo:

Guilty as charged. :tonofbricks:

I'm a nerd, for sure. I know Star Wars and comic books. Got a little of ST:NG in there too. Kept that under-wraps though.