• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Episode VII, date announced in theatres July 17, 2015

121 posts in this topic

Episode VII: An Old Hope

lol IDK i am proud to say to this day i have never seen episode 1 the phantom menace. i saw the second one and it made me glad i didn't. The third was much better i'll admit but was never able to make me curious enough to actually watch phantom which looked absurdly bad in previews i have seen.

just hope to see a new hope on blu ray someday without it being cropped or altered.

YES! The guy responsible for a lot of the great writing for Empire and Jedi is coming back for EP's 8 and 9.

:whee:

Lucasfilm Hire Empire Strikes Back Scribe Lawrence Kasdan For New Star Wars – UPDATED

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/20/lucasfilm-want-empire-strikes-back-scribe-lawrence-kasdan-back-for-new-star-wars/

YES! The guy responsible for a lot of the great writing for Empire and Jedi is coming back for EP's 8 and 9.

:whee:

Lucasfilm Hire Empire Strikes Back Scribe Lawrence Kasdan For New Star Wars – UPDATED

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/20/lucasfilm-want-empire-strikes-back-scribe-lawrence-kasdan-back-for-new-star-wars/

HOLY ! This is amazing! Time to create a countdown site now!

What I am more excited about is that my son is currently just turning 4 on Dec. 23rd and he will be the perfect age to take to Ep. 7, 8 and 9! I wish I was old enough to go with my Dad and older brothers when the original movies came out.

They better make Grand Admiral Thrawn the villain of the trilogy :preach:

The Timothy Zahn books kick and they are the only instance where Lucas has acknowleged anything outside of the films as being part of the official Star Wars canon. Before they even came out he stated that they were Parts 7, 8 & 9. It was quite a big deal at the time and I remember the wait between books being particularly brutal! Sort of like waiting for The Two Towers after FOTR and ROTK after two Towers....

For those who aren't familiar with them they are set 5 years after ROTJ and the Empire is still limping around, leaderless but still a power that holds hundreds of worlds. That's when Thrawn arrives to return the Empire to its former glory.

I like the 3 original films but it wasn't until those three books came out ('88? '89?) that I really got into the mythos. Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Lando, etc, etc all became fully realized characters after reading those 3 books. Zahn developed them perfectly IMO. Especially Luke. The person he becomes in those books is a treat to read - probably why I've read the trilogy 4 times....

If you haven't read them you absolutely must! I have a couple extra paperback copies if anyone would like to give Episode 7 a go....

Lucas and Disney have both said that the new trilogy will have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING in common with the Star Wars comics.

This new trilogy will be completely original.

Lucas and Disney have both said that the new trilogy will have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING in common with the Star Wars comics.

This new trilogy will be completely original.

Or at the very least,let's all hope nobody gets influenced by the last issue cover and write in some Lando-Chewie love.

At first i thought Lando was getting hugged standing up but,fer chrisssakes,Chewie's got him in his arms like a bride about to go through the door.

It's ok Lando you can drop the macho cigar pose now.Ain't working.

:facepalm:

Star-Wars-107.jpg

Or at the very least,let's all hope nobody gets influenced by the last issue cover and write in some Lando-Chewie love.

At first i thought Lando was getting hugged standing up but,fer chrisssakes,Chewie's got him in his arms like a bride about to go through the door.

Star-Wars-107.jpg

I just realized the Comics Code Authority label is missing.

hm

Anyone here have a copy of this book?

I don't remember any Lando-Chewie love in this issue. :P

Star-Wars-107.jpg

hm

Haven't read it,but im pretty sure it must be just a case of a really bad cover.

Who decides this is a good thing ? Who ok's this ?

Did the artist Cynthia Martin run past the committee room ?

Chewie:"Rwaoooarr ruuurowrrrahhh"

(Lando,i'd like you to meet my family from the Star wars Christmas special )

Star-Wars-107.jpg

hm

Haven't read it,but im pretty sure it must be just a case of a really bad cover.

Who decides this is a good thing ? Who ok's this ?

Did the artist Cynthia Martin run past the committee room ?

Chewie:"Rwaoooarr ruuurowrrrahhh"

(Lando,i'd like you to meet my family from the Star wars Christmas special )

I guess at the time in 1986, star wars was a dying item, nobody cared to buy anymore comics. When a comic comes out monthly, it is usually a seller, but when it becomes bi monthly it is a slow seller. That is what I remember in the late 80's. By making this cover, my guess is that no one really looked at it and said, just print it, no one is buying it anyway.

We may just get that Boba Fett movie yet. hm

Star Wars Spin-Offs Coming – Kasdan And Kinberg’s Star Wars Scripts Not Yet Set For Main Saga

While it was previously assumed that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg were being contracted to write Episodes VIII and IX of the Star Wars saga, The Hollywood Reporter have learned that Lucasfilm and Disney’s plans are actually rather more ambitious.

Kasdan and Kinberg, they say, are under brief to develop “separate projects” that are “not necessarily” parts of “ the main Skywalker storyline.”

This is interesting in numerous ways. On the one hand, it suggests the overall arc of the next trilogy is still pretty much up in the air. This is despite early indications George Lucas had developed a treatment before selling up, and also later reports that Michael Arndt had fleshed out ideas for a full trilogy.

Read full article here...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/28/star-wars-spin-offs-coming-kasdan-and-kinbergs-star-wars-scripts-not-yet-set-for-main-saga/