• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Episode VII, date announced in theatres July 17, 2015

121 posts in this topic

I'd like to see them make a movie after RoTS. More Vader.

I'd like to see a rated R Star Wars Episode 3.5 with Vader killing planets and everything else. Totally kicking in the galaxy. Would be nice to see a middle-aged Obi-Wan, although legend decrees the volcano planet was their last meeting until EP 4.

That's what I'm sayin'! OR the Thrawn series would be awesome, only it wouldn't be right not to have the big 3 in the movie. They're pretty beat.

How about a whole movie of Yoda arriving to the Degobah System and then living there with all the snakes and reptiles. You could show him using the force to move snakes around in mid air.

How come Chewbacca never mentioned that he knew Yoda?

I'm praying that Jar Jar Binks returns in the new series as he was the high light of the series so far :wishluck:

The next trilogy should be the whole history of the Gungans. Should make for a spectacular cinematic experience.

:jokealert:

I'd like to see a rated R Star Wars Episode 3.5 with Vader killing planets and everything else. Totally kicking in the galaxy. Would be nice to see a middle-aged Obi-Wan, although legend decrees the volcano planet was their last meeting until EP 4.

It raises the question of what led to the development of the Death Star. I mean, was there a Death Satellite, then a Death Moon, maybe a Death Proto-Star, or am on the wrong track?

demotivational-posters-death-star.jpg

Revenge of the Sith was awesome in my opinion.

'mint'

the only problem i had with revenge of the sith was anakin killing all the young jedi kids was completely unbelievable. him going against the jedi's was believable, but his character is never built into a child killer. besides that, it was an excellent movie.

It raises the question of what led to the development of the Death Star. I mean, was there a Death Satellite, then a Death Moon, maybe a Death Proto-Star, or am on the wrong track?

If you remember, towards the end of the Clone Wars they show the lead Geonosian handing over the plans for the Death Star to Count Dooku. He says something about "if they find out what we are really planning we'll be in trouble" (not an exact quote, can't remember it)Dooku presses a button and a holographic rotating image of the Death Star pops up. There is also another scene where a larger diagram of the Death Star is seen very briefly on a screen in the background.

2 Years, 8 Months, 5 Days to go :banana:

A -script, actors, and a halfway decent idea to go. :banana:

I'm stoked for Star Wars fans - I think they are going to really put forth the effort everyone was expecting in Ep 1-3 after listening to all the years of fan backlash.

Since the Lucas 4 billion thread is walking away slowly,might as well post this here.

Lucasfilm confirms: Michael Arndt will write Star Wars: Episode VII

Jamie Frevele at 7:04 pm Fri, Nov 9

In an update to yesterday's post about Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine) writing the next installment of the Star Wars saga, Lucasfilm confirmed on StarWars.com that it's official: Arndt is writing the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII, slated for release in 2015. No news yet on a title, but the Oscar-winner has been meeting with George Lucas and new Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy for story conferences. The wheels are in motion, ladies and gentlemen -- new Star Wars movies are totally happening. (via Deadline)

This is what Lucas should have done before doing the prequels. His outlines of his narratives are big, interestingly mythological pieces, but his total lack of concern for the actual writing of dialog or providing the actors clear direction really made the prequels pretty near unwatchable.

2 Years, 8 Months, 5 Days to go :banana:

A -script, actors, and a halfway decent idea to go. :banana:

I'm stoked for Star Wars fans - I think they are going to really put forth the effort everyone was expecting in Ep 1-3 after listening to all the years of fan backlash.

I think they will try to please the greatest number of people they can in order to make as much money as possible. I just hope they don't let fandom dictate too many of the details. I just hope they get quality actors for a quality story with quality effects with the potential of leading to a full and complete trilogy. And, it should be fun. :)