• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, Rip said:

Interesting, it didn't make it into GPA.  Not paid for?

On 3/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, Poekaymon said:

Perhaps my biggest regret of this whole run up is not getting a Star Wars #1 early last year.  Was a very obvious hole in my collection and Mandalorian buzz was afoot.  So I was actively looking for it and passed on several in the $1500 range because I was bargain hunting.  Then when I decided I'd man up and go to $1500, it was $2000.  Then when I decided I'd man up and go to $2000, it was $2500. 

Then it tripled.

I did the same with Volume 42 and 68 could have bought those for pennies before the Mandolirian came out, obvious things to buy but I still didn’t do it!

On 4/18/2021 at 12:55 AM, drotto said:

My wife got me a 9.6 SW1 three years ago for Christmas.  It is about like 5 times what she paid for it, but I think it would be in very poor taste to sell (do not want to sell either).

Very poor taste.  

Anyone think SW1 is still undervalued for what it stands for?

On 4/18/2021 at 12:55 AM, drotto said:

My wife got me a 9.6 SW1 three years ago for Christmas.  It is about like 5 times what she paid for it, but I think it would be in very poor taste to sell (do not want to sell either).

I guess it depends on your wife. If it was my wife, she'd say "Sell! Sell! Sell!" She's not sentimental about most possessions. She does love money, though!