• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

895 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm fairly new to these chat boards, so please bare with me!
Recently my friend and I purchased a nice collection of vintage Fanzines.
Neither of us are really into them and we're not totally sure what to do with them.
They're mostly all in great condition!

We'd love to sell as many to one person as possible. So feel free to make offers.
We know most of this stuff isn't very expensive, we mostly just want it to go to a good home.

Here is some of what we have:

Alter Ego 1-13 (1999)
Amazing Forries 1
Captain George's Comic World 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15, 22,  27
Collectors Dream 2 & 4
Collectors Showcase 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Comic World 9-21
Comic Scene 1
Comics Journal 69, 85, 91
Crypt  2 / Armageddon 1 (2 publications in one magazine)
Dangling Conversations 2, 3
Fandom Annual 1, 3
Fandoms Agent 8
Fantascene 2
Fantastic Fanzine Special 2 (silver surfer cover)
Fantastic Fanzine 11, 12
Graphic Story Magazine 8, 9, 11, 13
Hero Hobby 12-19
Heroes Illustrated 2, 3
Infinity 4, 6
Phantasmagoria 3
Thrust 7, 13

On 9/19/2021 at 3:12 AM, OA4407 said:

Hello! I'm fairly new to these chat boards, so please bare with me!
Recently my friend and I purchased a nice collection of vintage Fanzines.
Neither of us are really into them and we're not totally sure what to do with them.
They're mostly all in great condition!

We'd love to sell as many to one person as possible. So feel free to make offers.
We know most of this stuff isn't very expensive, we mostly just want it to go to a good home.

Here is some of what we have:

Alter Ego 1-13 (1999)
Amazing Forries 1
Captain George's Comic World 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15, 22,  27
Collectors Dream 2 & 4
Collectors Showcase 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Comic World 9-21
Comic Scene 1
Comics Journal 69, 85, 91
Crypt  2 / Armageddon 1 (2 publications in one magazine)
Dangling Conversations 2, 3
Fandom Annual 1, 3
Fandoms Agent 8
Fantascene 2
Fantastic Fanzine Special 2 (silver surfer cover)
Fantastic Fanzine 11, 12
Graphic Story Magazine 8, 9, 11, 13
Hero Hobby 12-19
Heroes Illustrated 2, 3
Infinity 4, 6
Phantasmagoria 3
Thrust 7, 13

Welcome to the boards!  For the right person, this looks like a treasure trove.  I think the best way to sell these is a sales thread in the Mixed section of the sales forum.  A lot of board members that are into more esoteric material regularly dwell there.  2c  (thumbsu

You'll definitely want to have pictures of each. Some may be worth more than you realize.... not sure how heavy into these you are, but auctioning off by title set may work. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I have a chance to pick a couple of boxes of mags from a buddy of mine.Most are early 1980's issues of Heavy Metal,maybe a few from 78-79.Would there be any interest in these here on the board? I'll offer them here,I don't ebay anymore.Also he has some nice Starlog and some other odd ball mags,Only saw 1 Eerie pub in the lot.

They all did look to be in high grade.Just a quick glance but I'd say well over 9.0

On 10/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, Toz said:

I have a chance to pick a couple of boxes of mags from a buddy of mine.Most are early 1980's issues of Heavy Metal,maybe a few from 78-79.Would there be any interest in these here on the board? I'll offer them here,I don't ebay anymore.Also he has some nice Starlog and some other odd ball mags,Only saw 1 Eerie pub in the lot.

They all did look to be in high grade.Just a quick glance but I'd say well over 9.0

The last run of Heavy Metal that was put up here seemed to do well. They were also high grade. Let's face it, if you were looking for something a little more sophisticated than what the spinner rack offered , these sure delivered. GOD BLESS....

On 10/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, jimjum12 said:

The last run of Heavy Metal that was put up here seemed to do well. They were also high grade. Let's face it, if you were looking for something a little more sophisticated than what the spinner rack offered , these sure delivered. GOD BLESS....

Thanks Ye sir.I should see him tomorrow.I subscribed to HM around issue 8 or 9.Freaked my Teen_aged Marvel Zombie brain out.Had to make sure my parents never found them :devil:

Later today, I'll start the sale on the boards of my magazine collection in the Gold/Silver/Bronze marketplace.  The sale will be broken into two parts, with today launching the sale of over 130 unslabbed Mad magazines from 1955 to 1974.  There will be classic covers, high and mid grade examples, and great satire and art from 'the usual gang of iidiots', along with surprising affordability for such old mags of the title.  The sale will include the near complete set from 1967-'74 (with folded back covers and so bargain pricing) that was my subscription run of an impressionable 13 year old growing into a college student with precious little time for it.

About 100 or so non-Mad mags published by Marvel, Warren, Skywald, Atlas-Seaboard, Eerie, and some esoteric publishers will be sold along with a few fanzines at a later date, after the Mad sale is completed.

Teaser:

Mad45.thumb.jpg.51e33486b5e3e19e0ce58811e6aeb6c7.jpg  Mad121.thumb.jpg.01b0bc04a2f204d7ff645f7aa6ffe781.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 10/21/2021 at 5:48 AM, namisgr said:

Later today, I hope to start the second phase of selling my magazine collection.  The first phase focused on Mad magazine was a nice success thanks to all of you who made purchases, with over half the Mad run going to new homes.

Today's sale will start with Marvel mags.  There are 46 in total, with most being from the Sword and Sorcery era of the early '70s.  Don't expect anything in the way of scarce issues or ultra high grade - while there are some nice copies to be found, there's also plenty of mid-grade examples that will be offered at very low prices.  Most of the mags were bought by me when they were first published, and languished in cardboard box storage before finally being bagged and boarded over 30 years later.

After seeing how the sale progresses this week, a decision will be made on whether to include all of the non-Mad, non-Marvel material, which includes Skywald, Eerie, Warren, Atlas-Seaboard and more esoteric publishers, plus a few cool fanzines and collected works.  Alternatively, this latter group might be reserved for a third and final phase on its own.

The requisite teasers:

SavageSword1.thumb.jpg.2ac6691282658b56df983e798a1d04c9.jpg  1281632125_SavageT2Smithsig.thumb.jpg.a4e0f4da632ce9788560f02ea2382319.jpg  Crazy1.thumb.jpg.ed0d5cfef87dab9761d11d3f2cd68883.jpg

Did this happen? I'm interested in SSOC issues. Thanks.

Later today I will start a sales thread for the third and final part of my magazine collection.  It will include around 50 mid and high grade mags from Skywald, Eerie, Warren, Atlas-Seaboard and miscellaneous other publishers, plus a small handful of cool fanzines, soft cover artist compendiums, and a couple of hardbacks about the medium and fandom.

I hope some of you find material of interest.  It will all be priced to sell.

Here are two recent scans of what's coming:

Deja-Vu1.thumb.jpg.4d394c0b5142a1e83d69ecc02d716446.jpg  AmericanSplendor6.thumb.jpg.869ecf6c8a031ae5e55849ae861ad70c.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 11/6/2021 at 2:29 AM, namisgr said:

Later today I will start a sales thread for the third and final part of my magazine collection.  It will include around 50 mid and high grade mags from Skywald, Eerie, Warren, Atlas-Seaboard and miscellaneous other publishers, plus a small handful of cool fanzines, soft cover artist compendiums, and a couple of hardbacks about the medium and fandom.

I hope some of you find material of interest.  It will all be priced to sell.

Here are two recent scans of what's coming:

Deja-Vu1.thumb.jpg.4d394c0b5142a1e83d69ecc02d716446.jpg  AmericanSplendor6.thumb.jpg.869ecf6c8a031ae5e55849ae861ad70c.jpg

And here's a link to that sale!