• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

898 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, batmiesta said:

There is a 9.6 MP 8 on ebay, but you've probably seen it and sacked it off because of the thick white spine. 

Just saw it - thanks for the heads up. Yeah, that's a considerable amount of white real estate on that book. Lots of optimism on the other copies too, especially the VF with a stain. I'll mull things over. I'm happy (well, content) with a 9.0 so maybe I'll pull a trigger. But not on any of those raw ones. Sheesh!

On 1/31/2023 at 3:54 PM, batmiesta said:

Here's my copies that I subbed myself years ago, before it took a year or two to  get them back, the Monsters on the prowl was the first one to show up in 9.8 if I remember correctly and as you can see, My MP 8 also suffers from a white spine, not as bad as the ebay one though. 

DSC01265.thumb.JPG.56b35fa95162308353fb1df7f6aeb353.JPGSAM_09372_zps7644b5a7.jpg.8bc9c864aa8416eb5a780959fc6e499d.jpg

:golfclap:(worship) I bow down to the awesomeness of both of these. You are truly blessed.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:29 AM, Kramerica said:

What about a thread for WTB Mags? Keeping it apart from the big giant thread? I'm having a tough time finding a nice Monsters Unleashed #9 and Marvel Preview #8. Thanks in advance - for your help as well as the addiction to begin with (thumbsu

We have one of those!  Here you go. 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:29 AM, Kramerica said:

:golfclap:(worship) I bow down to the awesomeness of both of these. You are truly blessed.

I was lucky to buy most of my mags years ago, when not many collectors cared about them, things are different now and they are a lot harder to come by in the condition I like them in unfortunately . 

This topic has made me think back to a seller I bought a few magazines from years ago, I can't rightly remember the name, I think it was something like Investment collectables or along those lines, he had loads of HG mags, the site stayed up for ages after they seemed to disappear, does anyone else remember them? And what happened to them?   

On 2/2/2023 at 2:45 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Wow, I forgot all about that site.  I purchased a lot of books from Bill Hughes back in the day.  Thanks for sharing!

Bill Hughes, that's his name, I had forgotten, thanks D.  It's amazing that you can still go on the site and look at all those HG mags, and wish you had bought them all. :pullhair:

Edited by batmiesta

Funny thing is, for the past week I’ve been logging in old purchase receipts I have in a file folder about 5” thick. They date back to 2002. I’m surprised that I actually bought a lot from Mile High from 02-04. Mostly late BA issues to fill runs. I’m making an Excel spreadsheet of Publisher, Title, Date, Price and Purchased From. Might sound boring to some but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. I find it pretty fun seeing some of the dirt cheap (by todays) prices I purchased the books for. Especially the precode stuff! If and when it comes time to sell, it will be a nice reference tool to check against.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:20 AM, Jayman said:

Funny thing is, for the past week I’ve been logging in old purchase receipts I have in a file folder about 5” thick. They date back to 2002. I’m surprised that I actually bought a lot from Mile High from 02-04. Mostly late BA issues to fill runs. I’m making an Excel spreadsheet of Publisher, Title, Date, Price and Purchased From. Might sound boring to some but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. I find it pretty fun seeing some of the dirt cheap (by todays) prices I purchased the books for. Especially the precode stuff! If and when it comes time to sell, it will be a nice reference tool to check against.

Wish I could be arsed to do that, but I'm not.:eyeroll:

On 2/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, oakman29 said:

I couldnt imagine cataloging my collection. 😂

Not my entire collection Oak, that’d be crazy! :insane:

These are mostly just the big books I picked up from Heritage, ComicLink, Comic Connect, Etc. Since I had the receipts, I added some eBay, Mile High and books from Doug Sulipa as well. I’ve got a bunch of Manitoba comics I had forgotten about. Mostly Charltons, but in sweet condition!

Edited by Jayman

On 2/2/2023 at 4:15 PM, Jayman said:

Not my entire collection Oak, that’d be crazy! :insane:

These are mostly just the big books I picked up from Heritage, ComicLink, Comic Connect, Etc. Since I had the receipts, I added some eBay, Mile High and books from Doug Sulipa as well. I’ve got a bunch of Manitoba comics I had forgotten about. Mostly Charltons, but in sweet condition!

Oh thank GOD! I thought to myself. If Jayman is doing it , maybe I should? Then I thought naw.....🤢

On 2/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, ThothAmon said:

I’ve been trying to figure out what this means for hours. Other than the fact it’s got to be rude/funny I have no clue? 

I just figured I was too old to even worry about it, it must be some new thing.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:33 AM, ThothAmon said:

I’ve been trying to figure out what this means for hours. Other than the fact it’s got to be rude/funny I have no clue? 

It means to hurry up, it originated from the Navy, when they had cannons and powder monkeys, you can google it, but along the years I think it has turned into a more ruder version like you say, but we won't go into that. :wavingwhiteflag: