• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading contest- Random or Draft?

Random or Draft?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Random or Draft?

48 posts in this topic

Wow, one word from Aces, and the democracy is shot to hell! Now that's power! What happened to the vote? Or is this poll taken in the State of Florida? insane.gif

news.gif hanging chades ..... hanging chades gossip.gif

Wow, one word from Aces, and the democracy is shot to hell! Now that's power! What happened to the vote? Or is this poll taken in the State of Florida? insane.gif

Hanging shills? shocked.gif27_laughing.gif

One man, NO vote! 27_laughing.gif

Hanging shills? shocked.gif27_laughing.gif

not me i live on the west coast confused-smiley-013.gif

You know Nikos that these polls are unreliable because people not playing can vote and shills can vote.

Maybe you should PM the captains and poll them privately since they are the ones who would be doing all the work if there was a draft.

Just a thought.

I could live with it either way, but putting together a draft would be kinda fun, like a fantasy football draft. smile.gif

Yes this is where its at instead of drafting players we would be the ones being drafted! Its so cool in my mind! I really hope it goes that way.Oh and my signing bonus is just this! Captains Ill be happy to anounce to you I will give you my grade of the book It might be wrong it might be right but I wont be swayed and hope you as a captain can come up with the best grade for our team and like I said Team! Understand this, there will be hard decisions along the way but Ill support my team captain and team the whole way! When the going gets tough the tough get going! smirk.gif

Davidking623

You know Nikos that these polls are unreliable because people not playing can vote and shills can vote.

Maybe you should PM the captains and poll them privately since they are the ones who would be doing all the work if there was a draft.

Just a thought.

I could live with it either way, but putting together a draft would be kinda fun, like a fantasy football draft. smile.gif

Yes this is where its at instead of drafting players we would be the ones being drafted! Its so cool in my mind! I really hope it goes that way.Oh and my signing bonus is just this! Captains Ill be happy to anounce to you I will give you my grade of the book It might be wrong it might be right but I wont be swayed and hope you as a captain can come up with the best grade for our team and like I said Team! Understand this, there will be hard decisions along the way but Ill support my team captain and team the whole way! When the going gets tough the tough get going! smirk.gif

Davidking623

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just a thought.

Davidking623

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

frown.gif

I don't think it's fair that the captains can only vote. What if the general people participating want it random? If the captains choose draft, I think you should open up the voting to everyone and they have to PM you (hence, no shills).

I don't think it's fair that the captains can only vote. What if the general people participating want it random? If the captains choose draft, I think you should open up the voting to everyone and they have to PM you (hence, no shills).
Well seeing as the poll didn't even get the same amount of votes to people playing i think we should just leave it at this. But if enough people want to do this that are participating then i will have to consider.

But Peter, since the captains do all the work in a draft what if the rest of the group wants a draft but the captains don't? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe if the captain's vote is close, a tie or almost a tie, then maybe open it up to all contestants. But if a large majority of the captains go one way then I think that's the way to go. flowerred.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So...where do we stand on a decision?

Good lord this is insane. With all the posts about CGC taking too long to grade and how long is it taking us to even find a freaking PROCESS to choose teams?

Look. The idea originators take this whole thing back. Start over again. State the rules (as simply as possible - SIMPLY and BRIEFLY as possible - stae that the teams will be selected by...and THEN say either "draft" or "random".

Then once that is done solicit participants and set a time line for entry. Since this has had more publicity than Little Sheba the response of willing participants should be quick and pretty much everyone should know about this.

Those who ask to participate have already adhered to the rules so no question about polls or draft or random.

I learned this when I wanted to have a CRISIS ON INFINITE MESSAGE BOARDS Award for Funniest (or whatever) Post and things got so ridiculous I decided to wiat until next year. ANd THEN I will just say "Here is the Award Topic - here is the prize - now vote for the Funniest (or whatever) topic or post or whatever I decide.

Man! You'd think we were all progeny of THIS OR THAT MAN (or THIS OR THAT OWMAN - cannot make up my mind) who has the power of Super-Indecision!

Now just get ON with it! smile.gif

Good lord this is insane. With all the posts about CGC taking too long to grade and how long is it taking us to even find a freaking PROCESS to choose teams?

Look. The idea originators take this whole thing back. Start over again. State the rules (as simply as possible - SIMPLY and BRIEFLY as possible - stae that the teams will be selected by...and THEN say either "draft" or "random".

Then once that is done solicit participants and set a time line for entry. Since this has had more publicity than Little Sheba the response of willing participants should be quick and pretty much everyone should know about this.

Those who ask to participate have already adhered to the rules so no question about polls or draft or random.

I learned this when I wanted to have a CRISIS ON INFINITE MESSAGE BOARDS Award for Funniest (or whatever) Post and things got so ridiculous I decided to wiat until next year. ANd THEN I will just say "Here is the Award Topic - here is the prize - now vote for the Funniest (or whatever) topic or post or whatever I decide.

Man! You'd think we were all progeny of THIS OR THAT MAN (or THIS OR THAT OWMAN - cannot make up my mind) who has the power of Super-Indecision!

Now just get ON with it! smile.gif

can it really be that simply????insane.gif

No, but it can be that simple! (sorry but when Pov get's a chance to correct a typo he takes it! Also sorry for Pov speaking about himself in third person. Pov thinks that is silly.)

No, but it can be that simple! (sorry but when Pov get's a chance to correct a typo he takes it! Also sorry for Pov speaking about himself in third person. Pov thinks that is silly.)

hey, thanks for the grammar check...(I was gonna say "can it really be that simply done???...and forgot the done! makepoint.gif) sman feel silly now to! crazy.gif