• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: Double-Cover grading methodology

4 posts in this topic

If one were to assume that CGC treats and cares for every comic they grade just as if it were their own, and If one were to assume that the bind/spine of a book is one of the facets of a cover that determines the overall score, how is it possible to accurately grade the inside cover of a double-cover comic without actually removing the outer cover? I am currently debating submitting a double-cover copy of an extremely rare book, but I've often wondered about double-cover grading. Any insights to this question would be greatly appreciated.

I really think they just open it up and look at the page. End of story.

I think what Conmicwiz is getting at (wiz - correct me if I am wrong is jhow can they open the outer cover far enough to actually make a fair judgement on the entire spine area of the second cover. Wiz - is that about right because I tend to agree with ya.

I think what Conmicwiz is getting at (wiz - correct me if I am wrong is jhow can they open the outer cover far enough to actually make a fair judgement on the entire spine area of the second cover. Wiz - is that about right because I tend to agree with ya.

You have interpreted my question correctly povertyrow; I can only take a guess as to the method CGC uses, but it's probably not as big an issue for them as they don't come across this very often. Nonetheless, I would be interested to know how they tackle it, as one could well argue that the inside cover is really nothing more than an apparent grade unless they can actually examine the spine -- and the only way I can think of doing this is by physically removing the outer cover.