• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con 2014, Feb. 7-9

82 posts in this topic

And they had limited dates in 2013 and had to bump to 2014. When I spoke with Peter it looked like the wheels were still turning so maybe a show near the end of 2013? Just a guess.

my wife sent me a link that says 2013, but I assume it was a typo because that date would make no sense in between the superbowl and mardi gras (though it would be an awesome week or two if you could go and had tickets to all!):

Uptown Life with Morgan Packard:

New Orleans Comic Con 2012: A More Comely Con

For the third year Wizard World hosted the New Orleans Comic Con, and this year it seems to have hit its stride.

The first Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con debuted in 2011. There were technically two cons in 2012 (January and the end of November), and the dates have already been set for next year: Feb. 7-9, 2013. If its exponential growth continues, and there's no reason not to believe that it will, next year's con shouldn't be missed.

This year featured more celebrities, more Q&As, more breakout sessions, more parties, more screenings, more writers and artists, and many more costumes. It's that last point, the costumes, that personally sets the bar of a con for me. I follow all sorts of blogs that compile galleries of the best dressed at cons all over the world. From the easy - a suit over a Superman T-shirt, for example - to the amazingly complex - a full suit of Iron Man armor - most of the best cosplay is limited only by the creator's imagination. Read more.

2014 is the correct date according to the banner/gateway leaving the con. This makes sense since this convention should have been in Jan/Feb but Mardi Gras and the Superbowl got in the way. We got the bonus of two conventions in one year and we only have to wait a couple extra months for the next one.

The Spring is packed for New Orleans. First the Super Bowl, then Mardi Gras, Then the Womens Final Four in April. Guess they said just wait till the next spring and have it on the regular time schedule.

The Spring is packed for New Orleans. First the Super Bowl, then Mardi Gras, Then the Womens Final Four in April. Guess they said just wait till the next spring and have it on the regular time schedule.

So the last weekend in November was on the regular spring schedule? I'm a little worried that this is going to be a con that gets shuffled around at weird dates and doesn't catch on as a result. That would suck, as the January show was a great time.

So the last weekend in November was on the regular spring schedule? I'm a little worried that this is going to be a con that gets shuffled around at weird dates and doesn't catch on as a result. That would suck, as the January show was a great time.

No they Had it this November cause they couldn't have it in the regular January slot. So do it in November to give them two in 2012 then skip a year then back to the regular January slot.

Comic book convention, Frenchmen Street, and G.A.tor setting up? I may have to fly down for this one. hm

You should, it's a good show in an excellent city. I'd be there if I could, and I won't miss the 2015 show.