• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project Comic Con: Sept 21-22 - 2013

22 posts in this topic

That's actually a pretty impressive guest list so far for a St. Louis Con. It's not until next fall and they already have more guests lined up than C2E2.

No disrespect to any one con or another, but many ... lets call them "Less major events", really go out of their way to book early (and market early) in terms of talent and dealers, as it can end up being quite competitive. I appreciate this, as it lets me prep early in terms of budgets or books to get signed or books to sell or trade.

Every artist/writer and fan knows about all the 'major' ones, and the other events want and/or need to carve out the talent schedule and the fan budget well in advance.

E.G. "Hey, you could spend $2000 at SDCC this year, plus the hassle, crowds, or you can spend $300 here locally and but still have 40% of the enjoyment. Its a great value! Do that instead!"

zenescope_logo_black-1024x389.jpeg

Zenescope Entertainment Returns to PROJECT: Comic Con

We are very happy to announce that Zenescope Entertainment will be returning to St. Louis for this year’s to PROJECT: Comic Con.

Zenescope Entertainment is known for their unique re-imaginings of classic tales and publishes several great titles such as: Grimm Fairy Tales, Fly, Wonderland, Godstorm, Neverland, Jurrasic Strike Force 5, and Monster Hunter’s Survival Guide.

They will be doing an exclusive comic cover for our show, and VIP ticket Holders will receive a free copy! (issue still to be announced)

And Zenescope will also be holding a screening their pilot GRIMM FAIRY TALES Animated.

GFTanimated-1024x555.jpg

Anthony Spay added to guest list.

Here is the exclusive cover for this years con from Zenescope, much nicer than last years! it does not seem like CGC will be attending this convention this year so all of this is a wash for SS collectors unfortunately.

933947_404633106307954_196112571_n.jpg

Since CGC has been there the last couple of years it has spoiled me with submissions and the cheap sketch covers from great artists. I had a nice line up of 20 books for SS since both Lobdell and Nicieza were attending, plus the usual commissions. Guess I will save a nice bit of money and focus on a couple books I need.

Since CGC has been there the last couple of years it has spoiled me with submissions and the cheap sketch covers from great artists. I had a nice line up of 20 books for SS since both Lobdell and Nicieza were attending, plus the usual commissions. Guess I will save a nice bit of money and focus on a couple books I need.

Just FYI to folks attending. Looks like I may be able to facilitate any SS requests for this show. Please PM me if you're interested in the Zenescope show variant, SS opps or otherwise for this show.

I'm about ready for the weekend.

I just got in yesterday about 100 CGC slabs that consist of nice grade (6.0-9.0) 1950's Superhero (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Worlds Finest), pre-hero Marvels, Ditko Charltons, War and Horror.

I have some great deals in my $2, $3 and $5 comic boxes as well as a nice selection of 1964-1975 Marvel and DC comics.

Leroy

I'm really looking forward to this show and I always have a blast. I wish CGC would be there this year since I wanted to get a few SS slabs and sketch covers, but I guess I will just spend my money on back issues instead :). Just hope the dealers bring some higher end silver and bronze so I can spend all my $$$.