• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World PORTLAND COMIC CON, Feb. 22-24

75 posts in this topic

Anyone got an update on how the show is going? I want to know if I'm wasting my time going tomorrow or not...

You can come and say hi to the PGX people who have a booth here - there's Pony McDouchytail and a couple of his cohorts.

Anyone got an update on how the show is going? I want to know if I'm wasting my time going tomorrow or not...

You can come and say hi to the PGX people who have a booth here - there's Pony McDouchytail and a couple of his cohorts.

He left the garage?!?!?!?! :o

Does his Mom know where he went? :/

I was amazed at the turnout today, it was packed at times... I only flew up for the day but it seemed really busy. Not sure if the vendors made money but besides long lines and some confusion among attendees, my limited view of the show didn't see much wrong...

Just got back from this show and it was lame. Instead of getting the variant cover for the price of admission, I have to wait for them to mail me a copy "due to overwhelming demand." And it was forty-five bucks to get in.

While I understand this is Wizard's first time here, ECCC blows this show to shlt. I easily covered the entire show in less than two hours. Thank God ECCC is next week so I can be redeemed.

The only thing I know is someone said they sold out on Friday. I'll be looking for some next weekend in Seattle.

The show in Portland was horrible and I can't believe WW had the balls to charge people $45 to get in for one day. I'd pay that for a single day at SDCC easily, but not at this lameazz show.

Vendors I knew gave me very mixed reports on how they were doing. They did not sell out the floor as there was plenty of space left. Someone from WW contacted me asking if i was still interested in setting up. Sounded like attendance was good.

WW has already set January for a return show - I won't be going.

While it wasn't as big as I expected, it was fun and very profitable. I just wished more boardies came, I looked for your booth Royce, Dennis's too but you guys didn't set-up.

I thought there was good attendance, especially Saturday. Lots of hot babes barely dressed, that didn't hurt, and a bar in the lobby ! Seeing Superman get his drink on was a kick.

Plenty of names there, Stan actually showed up, so my sigs got done.

It was expensive, but if you are a retailer you get a weekend pass for $30, separate short line. ;)

Picked up two CBLDF's, sold one for $140, I think I am going to have the other one signed at ECCC but not committed to that idea. Too bad they were limiting two per person, I would have bought 10 of them.

For being its first year it wasn't bad, and the convention center was set up nice. I will go again in January.

When I went to the CBLDF booth near the end of day Saturday, they were sold out of the Nowhere Men variant for the day. I think they sold some on Friday, some on Saturday, and as was mentioned, the rest are being sold next weekend in Seattle where both the writer and artist will be available.

Because I spent all day Saturday working on my primary goals for coming up to Portland (Stan plus Chris Claremont) I delayed my return flight from Sunday morning to Sunday afternoon and spent half of Sunday catching up with folks and doing a little shopping. For the part of Sunday that I was there, I was impressed that the attendance seemed healthy, especially for a Sunday of a first time show without some of their headline guests (like Stan) in attendance.

Once I got to look around, I realize that the percentage of dealers focused on comics wasn't as high as I might've liked. That said, I guess I got lucky because I picked up some nice deals, including one as I was trying to leave the dealer's room to catch my flight home. Better still, I got to talk to several boardies and visit with the crew from CGC, DWC, and several Calif. based retailers... So I can't complain. (that said, I wouldn't pay $45 for a 1 day ticket) The empty space from not selling enough booths made it easier to walk around, so there's always a silver lining. :)

I may consider coming for a day or two next year, though I think there's at least 1 conflict I see for the Sunday of the show next year.

It was a good show for portland. If any of you locals went to the old show that was in the Memorial Colesium, you know how good this show is. If guys have only gone to ECCC then they'll be disappointed by the size. Considering PDX is not a big city, it was nice to finally have a REAL comicon here :)

I paid for two single day passes so I could get two of the WD #1 exclusives :devil: Still made $$$. I got a pic with Stan and did anyone see that Punisher/Vampirella chick? zzOMG!

Jerome