• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was reading OMAC

11 posts in this topic

To the OP - If you liked OMAC, I would also recommend the OMAC 4 issue minis series that John Byrne wrote and drew in the early 1990's. If you haven't already seen it, the art is fantastic and it's a teriffic story. As a plus, sets can be picked up cheaply on Ebay. Unfortunately they've never made it in to a TPB.

I though OMAC was pretty cool. Absolutely some of the weirdest stuff I've read in comics, but really good and ahead of its time.

One of the interesting things I found was Kirby's painting "the establishment" as the good guys. Goes against most contemporary literature. "The Man" is usually trying to bring the everyman down, not doing good with good intentions like in OMAC. Interesting how OMAC brought into mainstream DC went opposite to Kirby in that the eye in the sky has a sinister agenda (meaning the Batman creation). And by interesting I mean predictable and boring.

Kamandi was very entertaining.....and won't break the bank. But if you're new to Kirby, please get FF 66 and 67......super cool. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u