• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a legitimate CSS 22 Ebay Auction?

39 posts in this topic

Probably legit. You have to wonder, though, about someone who has only one book for sale, has no previous sales, and has only 22 fb after four years on eBay. I think you are rolling the dice given the amount of money involved. Just my 2c

I don't see the pricing data he is citing in GPA. If it were accurate -- and perhaps it is, I don't know -- his price wouldn't be too outlandish.

Given the data that is in GPA, the price does seem a bit out there. An OW 5.0 did sell for $1,016 in October, though.

I don't see the pricing data he is citing in GPA. If it were accurate -- and perhaps it is, I don't know -- his price wouldn't be too outlandish.

Given the data that is in GPA, the price does seem a bit out there. An OW 5.0 did sell for $1,016 in October, though.

It is accurate. Those books sold on CLink so they didn't get reported to GPA, but I watched both of them...

Still I think it is a bit optimistic.. We shall see.

BTW- the 6.5 was GFC and had white pages...

It is accurate. Those books sold on CLink so they didn't get reported to GPA, but I watched both of them...

Still I think it is a bit optimistic.. We shall see.

BTW- the 6.5 was GFC and had white pages...

Makes me think CLink would have been a better route for him, given his low fb on eBay.

I was a little surprised the 6.5 Gaines fetched so high a price. But I guess the GFCs don't really come up very often. It's a strange market for this book the last couple of years... I kick myself for not bidding on the raw 6.5 that sold at Heritage for about $350 a few years ago :P But I prefer the covers to 19 and 23 myself - or at least, that's what I tell myself while I am lacking a 22...

I agree... I think that 6.5 sale for almost 4K was an anomaly. If I thought I could get anywhere near 3K for my 6.0 I'd have it up for sale tomorrow.

+1

Anyone can have my 5.5 for $2500 :)

I recently bought a raw 5.0 on eBay for a reasonable price. It's probably closer to a VG+, but if you look hard enough you can still find copies that won't break the bank.

I was a little surprised the 6.5 Gaines fetched so high a price. But I guess the GFCs don't really come up very often. It's a strange market for this book the last couple of years... I kick myself for not bidding on the raw 6.5 that sold at Heritage for about $350 a few years ago :P But I prefer the covers to 19 and 23 myself - or at least, that's what I tell myself while I am lacking a 22...

I'm partial to 16 myself... :cloud9:

I agree... I think that 6.5 sale for almost 4K was an anomaly. If I thought I could get anywhere near 3K for my 6.0 I'd have it up for sale tomorrow.

4k for a 6.5 - that's insane for even a GFC doh!

It's not like the book is impossible in mid grade or better.

I agree, I'd actually like to see what the 9.8 or 9.6 copy would sell for.... but to be honest I haven't seen too many copies above a 5.0 or 5.5... I think I've seen 2 in 6.5 or better in the last 3 years... I bought my 6.0 privately and only because it was offered to me by a friendly boardie (shrug)

I agree, I'd actually like to see what the 9.8 or 9.6 copy would sell for.... but to be honest I haven't seen too many copies above a 5.0 or 5.5... I think I've seen 2 in 6.5 or better in the last 3 years... I bought my 6.0 privately and only because it was offered to me by a friendly boardie (shrug)

Friendly boardies with discounted books! We need more of those!

Friendly boardies with discounted books! We need more of those!

Did I say discounted? doh!