• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Marvel Preview #7 is heating up:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+preview+7&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I picked up a couple of copies a few months ago for 7 bucks a piece. Needless to say, they won't be mine for much longer.

Personally I couldn't care less for Rocket Raccoon. :P

eric-cartman-picture.jpg

Rocket Raccoon sucks . /cartmanvoice

X Men # 141 & 142 are showing as going up in value significantly on GPA and I've had several enquiries from people looking for copies.

at shows in the mid-80s dealers had huge stacks of these at every table. heavily speculated on books. with that said, they still wanted $3-$5 a pop for them even back then, which was real money in 1985.

just makes me wonder if quantity will eventually swamp demand. then again, ASM 300 and FF 48 had nice movie run-ups.

Edited by the blob

Anyone notice any movement on the Marvel Presents books from 3 on?

Criminey, I had tons and tons of these and for a year have been sticking them in every ebay grab bag bronze lot I sell. In the past had problems getting $1 a pop for those books sold in sets. I guess I gave up on them too soon! Of course, i have plenty left...

X Men # 141 & 142 are showing as going up in value significantly on GPA and I've had several enquiries from people looking for copies.

at shows in the mid-80s dealers had huge stacks of these at every table. heavily speculated on books. with that said, they still wanted $3-$5 a pop for them even back then, which was real money in 1985.

just makes me wonder if quantity will eventually swamp demand. then again, ASM 300 and FF 48 had nice movie run-ups.

Not for a while. LoDK had the same issue with the 11-15 storyline that was the basis for the movie. Sets sold easy for $50 for quite a while before demanded slowed down.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+preview+7&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I picked up a couple of copies a few months ago for 7 bucks a piece. Needless to say, they won't be mine for much longer.

That books been hot for a few months. Its harder to find so very good find.

Also find a Hulk 271 in the dollar bin and you will make an easy $20-30 depending on grade.

Also find a Hulk 271 in the dollar bin and you will make an easy $20-30 depending on grade.

I've been doing just that ;)

I really don't understand the Hulk #271 thing... It's common as dirt, Rocket Raccoon isn't what I would call a major character and it's not even his first appearance.

Edit: In fact, I literally just got one in the mail lol

Edited by Halo65

Did I pull a Homer by buying this book recently?

MarvelPreview7.jpg

Did I pull a Homer by buying this book recently?

MarvelPreview7.jpg

It sure is a pretty book :luhv: ...I'll probably hold on to one of the lower grade copies I have...just to look at.

Not for a while. LoDK had the same issue with the 11-15 storyline that was the basis for the movie. Sets sold easy for $50 for quite a while before demanded slowed down.

I think the lodk blip lasted for about 5 seconds (ok, not actually, but it felt like it). i ran out and pulled a bunch of those from dollar boxes around brooklyn within days of reading (here) they were "hot" only to see the prices had taken a huge dive. maybe they popped up again later.

the marvdel preview 7 has a gorgeous cover...the hulk 271 is ugly as dirt. i have tons of hulks from that era, but no 271, probably because the cover looked so lame i never bothered buying it out of the 25 cent box.

Great idea for a thread!

Marvel Premiere 47 was always kind of a surprisingly expensive book in guide anyway, so that might've helped it settle in pretty high.

I'm not sure if Daredevil 111 is getting enough credit--seems like a cooler character that will be in a cooler movie than most of the other newly hot books.

Surprising that DC Comics Presents 47 does that well! Why would it sell for so much more than the Masters of the Universe miniseries?

Great idea for a thread!

Surprising that DC Comics Presents 47 does that well! Why would it sell for so much more than the Masters of the Universe miniseries?

It's a first app, and it is in quasi-continuity, being a Superman team-up and all.

Great idea for a thread!

It's a first app, and it is in quasi-continuity, being a Superman team-up and all.

Do people give extra $$ for a licensed property being in quasi-continuity? (shrug)

I guess I always thought the Masters of the Universe 1st app was the bonus preview insert ala the Teen Titans one from DCP 26.

DCCP 47 came out about 4 months earlier than the MotU preview that appeared in a handful of comics cover-dated November 1982 (Detective 520, for example).

#47 seems to be a genuine sleeper. I first was surprised over its eBay going price a couple of years ago.

Thanks, I was going to look it up but figured I'd check back in here first. Good to know.

I see Overstreet has it broken out nicely now--has anyone noticed that the guide does seem to be catching up to some stuff and at least breaking out books that should be? I've been seeing this for a few things lately.

I think the lodk blip lasted for about 5 seconds (ok, not actually, but it felt like it). i ran out and pulled a bunch of those from dollar boxes around brooklyn within days of reading (here) they were "hot" only to see the prices had taken a huge dive. maybe they popped up again later.

Days Of Future Past actually sold for decent money before the movie was announced and now it's gone into movie hype levels. Even if it drops back to previous value, it's no disaster for anyone trying to sell them (unless they paid silly speculation prices).