• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, littledoom said:

Feels funny to call Destroyer Duck 1 a desirable big book but it is

That is such an awesome book that I lucked into!

What I feel, if I had it earlier, the minute the price rose people would sell. Yes, to say long term feels a bit :insane: but also feels right :goodvsevil:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, jokiing said:

I have a few copies with Kirby/Gerber signatures on first page. Wonder how CGC would treat these?

First page = blue label

With the possible notation of "name written on first page" then eat other in "ink" or "marker"

Sometimes if the "name" Is legible, then cgc will notate the actual name "so and so written on first page" et

On 11/19/2021 at 3:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure if you have to request that so and so's name be included on the label, but I know it IS possible for it to be done.

Both names quite legible, written in ink. Will definitely give CGC a call if I decide to send them in. Having names depicted on label would be ideal.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, jokiing said:

Both names quite legible, written in ink. Will definitely give CGC a call if I decide to send them in. Having names depicted on label would be ideal.

Ya definitely call first, to iron out the deets.

I've seen it done, but the circumstances elude me. Still blue label and something written in ink is for sure.

It may be at the graders discretion loldoh!

But I'd call to get that info 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, OtherEric said:

So why is Destroyer Duck hot?  Just a Groo upswing?  The book has jumped from Dollar Bin to Wall Book and back again more times than I can count over the years...

Good to know! Was that pre cgc days? Or just what happens with the book?

It would appear to be a groo: potential,  nostalgia,  opportunity; driven

On 11/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Good to know! Was that pre cgc days? Or just what happens with the book?

It would appear to be a groo: potential,  nostalgia,  opportunity; driven

Pre CGC days.  I've got a copy in storage somewhere, it was a dollar book.  Same with Starslayer 4 & 5 and Groo the Wanderer #1... Nice copies of all 4, all dollar bin books.  But I've also seen them on walls more than once over the years.

(Well, not the Starslayer 4 as a wall book... but the other three.)

Edited by OtherEric

On 11/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, Wolverinex said:

This issue, along with #120, has always been a tough one to find in NM- or better. Moreover, that seller has the reputation of being a tight grader so no surprise here.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, pickycollector said:

This issue, along with #120, has always been a tough one to find in NM- or better. Moreover, that seller has the reputation of being a tight grader so no surprise here.

Selling for more than graded CGC 9.4s