• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 9:48 PM, pickycollector said:

Captain Marvel #27 is also very hot these days

I just had my LCS put the new copy they had on the wall in my pull. I'll pick it up next weekend but yes, it's been hot.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:46 AM, FlyingDonut said:

You do realize that this makes you sound like a total tool, right?

Agreed. I dislike most of Milgrom's work (that I've seen), but I've heard several stories about the man from Mike Royer, and I would have taken advantage of such an opportunity to experience those qualities myself.

If I never heard one of those stories, I'm very happy to know I don't have what it takes to WANT to insult him in person. 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, pickycollector said:

I see a few tiny stress lines on spine and some wear on lower and upper right corners, that should be a 9.6 or is CGC grading a bit generous recently?

I've both seen and own nicer 9.6's and worse 9.8's, not just recently but the past 21 years. Normal deviations in effect. Buy the book not the number on the slab label IMHO

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, pickycollector said:

I see a few tiny stress lines on spine and some wear on lower and upper right corners, that should be a 9.6 or is CGC grading a bit generous recently?

On 11/17/2021 at 3:00 AM, MAR1979 said:

I've both seen and own nicer 9.6's and worse 9.8's, not just recently but the past 21 years. Normal deviations in effect. Buy the book not the number on the slab label IMHO

Yeah! It looks a generous 9.8 but the buyer obviously didn't give a :censored: because it says 9.8 on the label . 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:43 PM, batmiesta said:

Yeah! It looks a generous 9.8 but the buyer obviously didn't give a :censored: because it says 9.8 on the label . 

You nailed it.

It pains me to give Heritage props but the scans they provide are second to none. The many short-comings of the Frank 2 book are clearly visable. No reason an informed choice could not have been made. 

IMHO quotes from PT Barnum or Forest Gump apply.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, makeminemarvel said:
On 11/7/2021 at 11:55 AM, pickycollector said:

Some BA Spideys are on fire :whatthe:

ASM 166

ASM 164

ASM 136

ASM 124

Even the Rocket Racer is getting in on the fun.  Run for the hills!
Vintage Comic Book Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man 172 | eBay

The price jump in BA ASMs makes sense to me based on how SA prices have jumped this year. Next up will be Copper Age.

On 11/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, october said:

I wouldn't get too excited about auction results from comics4less. Pete's numbers are not replicable by most sellers. A LOT of high end outliers.

Yes he has been doing that for a very long time. I remember him years ago as a new seller being impressed by his results.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, fastballspecial said:

MP 10 is a monster right now. Even low grade is pulling big money.

I bought 3 or 4 in the last 2 years or so, geez louise they are getting way up there. Someone on mcs asking $600 for a raw VF+. I will have to list one or two this weekend.