• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 7:44 PM, Bird said:

Rintrah is apprentice to Erithymon the Weaver and when Dr Strange had his cloak of levitation destroyed Rintrah was sent to repair it. He stuck around for a while as Docs apprentice.

He's a sweetheart.

What?

What??

So, yeah, I'm a Doc S guy. Sue me.

They had me at the Gateway to the Dimension of Dormammu in ST 126 :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, comicginger1789 said:

It's the 9.8 factor. Seems like there some die hard 9.8 guys out there and, this series with great Ploog artwork, is enjoyed by many. 

Here's another one, will be interesting to see what it goes for. :popcorn:

Franky #2 9.8

Edited by batmiesta

Other then keys I think you would have a hard time finding any Bronze books that are luke warm with most ice cold.  The holiday cool off needs to be over so people can go back to buying books.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

By far the most ridiculous aspect of collecting is the 9.8 chasers, considering the inconsistency of grading.

I simply can't do it. Especially with one of my collecting priorities being books from the 1990s/early 2000s, I am *very* happy to settle for a 9.x < 9.8. A 9.8 today could easily be a 9.4 tomorrow, and vice versa.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:58 PM, bpc3qh said:
On 12/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

By far the most ridiculous aspect of collecting is the 9.8 chasers, considering the inconsistency of grading.

I simply can't do it. Especially with one of my collecting priorities being books from the 1990s/early 2000s, I am *very* happy to settle for a 9.x < 9.8. A 9.8 today could easily be a 9.4 tomorrow, and vice versa.

I know we're in bronze, but I feel the same. It's nice if you submit and it DOES come back 9.8, but I'm not going to break the bank to do it. Even on x-men or iron man war machines etc, I'm just not that picky. Even kinda with copper and modern

Some say quality over quantity, but I'm just as satisfied without having to hit that number, when some are so common.

That said I've done it on a few books, but that is the joy of collecting I hope.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM