• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, batmiesta said:

So! Is that thing on the cover Rintrah? meh

Unfortunately no . . . 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, batmiesta said:

So! Is that thing on the cover Rintrah? meh

But he is a Beast of a Higher Order! A Minotaur! :banana:

FIH0OzXXEAAxRKz?format=jpg&name=small

*My apologies of discussing CA characters in the BA thread, but the discussion had already begun here. :bigsmile:

On 1/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, NP_Gresham said:

And multiples of this book on eBay with under $5.00 bin's and no takers.

Are you looking through your long box and envisioning getting rich?

:flipbait:

Those aren’t my books although I have a lone NM+ FF 175. You’re looking mainly at old sales from last year. If you check recent sales within the past day you can see a bump in sales. Hot books get cold so quickly in the comics world. You kinda gotta be quick to the market or you miss out 

Edited by littledoom

Pizzazz #1 ?

I see that today, likley due to that thread copies on eBay are quickly drying up.

The reason I mention is that folks have pointed out to me that topics here do not affect the Market, well I postulate to them that on low population books that perhaps posts here do influence the market.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, MAR1979 said:

folks have pointed out to me that topics here do not affect the Market

That's not true and never has been, though this forum has less relative impact now due to the billions of hype sites out there.

All the CGC graded Pizzazz #1's on eBay are now gone.  For those not following it was the 1st Star Wars extended universe story (Cover dated Oct 1977, on-sale late June 1977). 

Pizzazz #1 was on-sale same month as Star Wars #4. This means the first Star Wars extended universe story appeared 2 months before the adaption of the film concluded in Star Wars #6 and before most had even seen the film!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pizzazz+cgc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

All went today. Regardless of what was said in the ASM194 thread,  posting in this forum can affect the market. 

Pizzazz #1 can simply not get any hotter as it completely sold out! Unlike ASM 194 where there over 3 Dozen CGC graded currently on eBay <sarcasm> yeah that books "rare" </sarcasm>

image.thumb.png.52751e385b2d0762758f1e34

9EB4409D-9F23-4184-8B68-02105105B049.thu

My post here may have contributed to book sales jump to light speed:

I do wish I had thought to purchase one of the 9.6's on eBay before I made my posts :sigh  As Jackie Gleason said "I've got a [opens mouth wide] BIG MOUTH!".

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, MAR1979 said:

The reason I mention is that folks have pointed out to me that topics here do not affect the Market, well I postulate to them that on low population books that perhaps posts here do influence the market.

I think for some, that might be one of their main reasons TO post here! xD

On 1/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, MAR1979 said:

All the CGC graded Pizzazz #1's on eBay are now gone.  For those not following it was the 1st Star Wars extended universe story (Cover dated Oct 1977, on-sale late June 1977).  Pizzazz #1 was on-sale same month as Star Wars #4. This means the first Star Wars extended universe story appeared 2 months before the adaption of the film concluded in Star Wars #6 and before most has even seen the film!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pizzazz+cgc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

All went today. Regardless of what was said in the ASM194 thread,  posting in this forum can affect the market. 

Pizzazz #1 can simply not get any hotter as it completely sold out! Unlike ASM 194 where there over 3 Dozen CGC graded currently on eBay <sarcasm> yeah that books "rare" </sarcasm>

image.thumb.png.52751e385b2d0762758f1e34

9EB4409D-9F23-4184-8B68-02105105B049.thu

My post here may have contributed to book sales jump to light speed:

I do wish I had thought to purchase one of the 9.6's on eBay before I made my posts :sigh  As Jackie Gleason said "I've got a [opens mouth wide] BIG MOUTH!".

Yes, to anyone that thinks these boards don't influence prices, this is very telling:

1376375758_ScreenShot2022-01-05at10_48_56PM.thumb.png.6f6f77059766c52c1d82cba970a22318.png

On 1/5/2022 at 10:54 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hey anybody know where I can find a Pizzazz #1?

:)

Not anymore. All copies gone on eBay and it's very low population graded book. About 20 total in all grades 11 of which are 9.4 and lower.

The "Irony" here is the book can't get truly hot as it's actually too rare.  Unlike ASM 194 of which thousands of copies exist and that's in 9.6 and higher

On 1/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, MAR1979 said:

:)

Not anymore. All copies gone on eBay and it's very low population graded book. About 20 total in all grades 11 of which are 9.4 and lower.

The "Irony" here is the book can't get truly hot as it's actually too rare.  Unlike ASM 194 of which thousands of copies exist and that's in 9.6 and higher

Wow, are you ever on a rant to denigrate ASM 194 at the top of your lungs, and across multiple threads!

On 1/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Wow, are you ever on a rant to denigrate ASM 194 at the top of your lungs, and across multiple threads!

In the ASM 194 thread there were folks stating how "rare" a book it is with only 469!!! in 9.8 . It's become my "Niagara Falls". But yeah maybe I'll cool it down a bit rather than being perceived as "that guy".

Edited by MAR1979