• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 1:51 AM, Quicksilver Signs said:

I remember buying this book off the spinner and the cover just grabbed me and kept me. I was a big Invaders fan as well despite the Robbins  art

I also love Invaders. Great covers, solid stories, poor art. Robbins grows on you but there is never anything inside to excite until later in the run. Even then was never exciting inside. A shame though as that series had the potential. I imagine a guy like Kubert doing this title. Sigh...if only back in the day

On 6/9/2022 at 1:34 AM, kimik said:

Is Modred the Mystic cast for the Agatha show as well? I posted two copies of Marvel Chillers #1 here on the boards a couple of weeks ago that sold immediately, and then on right after on eBay that moved also. I have another 10 or so freshly back that I am wondering whether I should sell off one per week now or wait for a show.

Was rumored because of the WandaVision show tied around the Darkhold.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I wouldn't even pay $2000 for that book. $1000 maybe just for its age and being a 9.8. But 8 grand?!?!?! For first appearance of the Nexus of all Realities? Soooooo that gets mentioned in a movie/show and the buyer thinks "yes! $16000 book you are now, time to sell!"? I mean, maybe there is a guy out there needing this book for his 9.8 run and he is missing it and he has giant sized man things tattoed all over him and near his posterior, a Nexus tat so he is very VERY hardcore and needs this book and won't care what it costs.......yeah I am sure that guy exists for this person to sell to down the road and profit 

And here I thought it wasn't so crazy for a tough picture frame of a classic cover.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, ygogolak said:
On 6/8/2022 at 10:34 PM, kimik said:

Is Modred the Mystic cast for the Agatha show as well? I posted two copies of Marvel Chillers #1 here on the boards a couple of weeks ago that sold immediately, and then on right after on eBay that moved also. I have another 10 or so freshly back that I am wondering whether I should sell off one per week now or wait for a show.

Was rumored because of the WandaVision show tied around the Darkhold.

Pretty sure I used that one to line the birdcage . . . :roflmao:

Boy, it's convention season, the weather is beautiful, and few are worrying about getting together with others . . . So far I am "Oh for June!" on eBay :wavingwhiteflag: But here are a few Bronze Age raw sales worth noting in April and May:  :bigsmile:

Items in search results

Edited by divad

On 6/9/2022 at 5:01 PM, PeterPark said:

And here I thought it wasn't so crazy for a tough picture frame of a classic cover.

Agreed. Maybe 8k is a bit high, but book is a truely tough Marvel book in grade and one of the few Marvel horror covers that looks as good as some of DCs. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, divad said:

Page 2!   :whatthe:   :bump:

Kinda sums up the market right now.  Everything is cooling off. 

Here's a question for the group --

Now that the Marvel Netflix shows are available on Disney+, and word is Daredevil is going to appear on the upcoming Echo TV show, do we think, just maybe, we could see prices rise again on Hero for Hire 1 and Marvel Premiere 15 due to fan anticipation/speculation? How about Daredevil 131 or 168?

On 7/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, MisterX said:

Here's a question for the group --

Now that the Marvel Netflix shows are available on Disney+, and word is Daredevil is going to appear on the upcoming Echo TV show, do we think, just maybe, we could see prices rise again on Hero for Hire 1 and Marvel Premiere 15 due to fan anticipation/speculation? How about Daredevil 131 or 168?

No. Definitely not. No need to spec buy here :whistle: