• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I only collect Marvel so I can't tell you, except to say that a 9.8 copy of a book from 1977 would be a bargain at under $800 in my world.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I only collect Marvel so I can't tell you, except to say that a 9.8 copy of a book from 1977 would be a bargain at under $800 in my world.

Ive seen Sparkle get noticeably higher final hammers than other sellers to the point i think there is some shenanigans

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The thing is, if this was a Marvel book from 1977 with multiple first appearances and the re-intro of a team, it would go for thousands. But the recent ungraded copies of this book have sold for as little as $1 and pretty much no higher than $20, so it's tough to get an idea of value.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, kimik said:

BA is new SA price-wise.

If 9.8 perhaps  Still except for hot stuff,  FMV's are dropping.  

===========================

IMHO in long term Hulk 250 will offer higher ROI than 256.   Also it will maintain it's value due to a number of factors such as a memorable Hulk Surfer battle

#Hulk250isReal1stSabreAndArabianKnight

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/23/2022 at 2:12 PM, mintcomics1 said:

This recent sale of Marvel Team-Up 54 seemed a bit pricey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385110962047

Sure does. Makes no sense. 9.8's will now come out of the woodwork and try to capitalize on this sale (and that's not a Woodgod pun).

On 9/23/2022 at 6:31 PM, MAR1979 said:

If 9.8 perhaps  Still except for hot stuff,  FMV's are dropping.  

===========================

What I meant by my comment is that BA books are hitting the prices SA was at pre-covid before the big jump. 2019 and 2020 were a good time to be loading up on SA as well as BA. Common BA books have moved up to prices where buyers at shows are looking at CA now instead.

Edited by kimik