• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Time to change the name of the thread to Bronze Age Comics that are cooling down on eBay.........

It's going to get awfully busy in here is we open it up to books that are tanking.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:14 PM, the blob said:

things are so dead nothing here for almost 2 weeks?

Perhaps a new thread:

"Bronze age comics that are managing to hold their own on eBay"

or

"Bronze age comics that are treading water on eBay"

During the pandemic bubble, Investors/Flippers/Speculators were buying book after book and selling them for a profit.  Nearly every Bronze and Copper Marvel book was viewed as a sure thing.  Online "influencers" were all downplaying that books could EVER go down.  Skilled Comic book market naysayers on boards.cgccomics.com were scoffed at because times were good.  There was no such thing as overpaying for a book because prices rose and there was no end in sight. How could the sky be falling when everything was rising in value? ENTER THE BEAR!

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, NP_Gresham said:

This person is so full of Shyte

Fake sale by nothing 44FB seller on a badly damaged book, while there are numerous $2-$8 sales.

Not believing this Krap at all.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=spectacular+spiderman+24&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you change this to “lowest first” and cut out the ‘best match” option. Count the books in the $2 - $10 range

Plenty of cheap sales , to offset the knee-jerk reactionary buyers with more cash than sense

With regards to Donald glover as Hypno Hustler…

What story do you tell? Sure you can imagine the villain in your own way but aside from the “I’m a villain who is misunderstood and ridiculed” angle, I don’t get how you tell a compelling story that I am supposed to care about…especially without Spidey in it.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:12 PM, comicginger1789 said:

With regards to Donald glover as Hypno Hustler…

What story do you tell? Sure you can imagine the villain in your own way but aside from the “I’m a villain who is misunderstood and ridiculed” angle, I don’t get how you tell a compelling story that I am supposed to care about…especially without Spidey in it.

Doubt the villain angle would even be used. Seems overplayed. I thought Namor’s join forces trope was funny in Wakanda Forever

On 12/17/2022 at 11:01 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Looks like the movie/show spec market is alive and well....

D3306F8A-2E26-478C-8A5D-535DBF3DE75C.gif.da1899f4b903ba58b19603f747270957.gif

I look at more like there are sill plenty of dumb f :censored:s who still buy any old poop they are told to, which is pretty much the same thing I guess.

Edited by batmiesta

On 12/17/2022 at 4:15 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I’m pretty sure I mentioned this on a thread years ago as a character who would never have value

ill show myself out 

150BB1F9-9A4A-4A04-9BBB-B12E45772306.jpeg

Not saying this is fake, but it would help if you could provide a link so anyone can confirm this is real.  The way the image is cropped, the site from which this is taken isn't even visible.

On 12/18/2022 at 9:04 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not saying this is fake, but it would help if you could provide a link so anyone can confirm this is real.  The way the image is cropped, the site from which this is taken isn't even visible.

Just google jt. Takes two seconds. Tons of articles from sources seemingly making it legit. Apologies for no link as I was on my phone and it would t let me copy paste it so I screen shot it and just went with that

If I wanted to make fake news posts it wouldn’t be this lol

Edited by comicginger1789