• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, gadzukes said:

And yet..... he's swinging thru the city with no problem, and is adept enough that both Electro & the Vulture think he's the real thing.

Give me web-shooters and I assure you I could not swing thru the city.

I agree that he has no spidey-strength or spidey-sense though. 

Just telling you what the argument was on social media and why it didn't catch on. (shrug)

On 12/22/2022 at 1:27 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I don't think you'd have millions of people seeing any of these movies if the only people you let in were those who know the characters.  If you make an entertaining, emotionally compelling movie, people will go see it even though they don't know the characters.

This makes sense but at the same time, the prestige of the MCU has such a sizable built in audience to elevate almost anything. With that being said - they wouldn't keep putting out Guardians movies if enough people thought they were lousy. 

^ I love to say i told you so - this will be good!

As Bronze-Current DC goes HOS 92 is an outlier and has been for at least 4 decades

Most Speculations on post Silver DC will result in a loss.  Now DC Bronze and very early Copper DC Original Comic Art has decent potential and "vintage" superhero art seldom does not hold onto gains.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/5/2023 at 10:54 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think it's really dangerous to pay nosebleed prices for "hiGhEst GraDed cOpiEs!!!" when all it takes is time for more copies of equal or higher grade to show up in the census.

Registry collectors must love negative ROI's.  

When the primary reason for a comics "value" is low census 9.8 population, it only takes 1-2 copies more new to the market to halve the going rate. When the number reaches 4-5 new copies in 9.8 it would be lucky to hang onto 1/5 of the "value" .

Edited by MAR1979