• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I can't believe how high the JLA run is going for now. Reminds me of the action on those 2 or 3 mind-wipe/memory loss issues (#159-161?) a couple of years ago that spiked and dropped.........

Great comparison, These 3 seem highly speculative and not worth the risk. I would rather put my money in high grade:

New Gods 2

The Forever People 1

Jimmy Olsen 134,135

I can't believe how high the JLA run is going for now. Reminds me of the action on those 2 or 3 mind-wipe/memory loss issues (#159-161?) a couple of years ago that spiked and dropped.........

Great comparison, These 3 seem highly speculative and not worth the risk. I would rather put my money in high grade:

New Gods 2

The Forever People 1

Jimmy Olsen 134,135

They are speculative. Find a VG set and you can sell them for $40-50. NM set can get you $100 easy. How that guy got $120 for FN copies repeatedly is hilarious.

New Gods 2

The Forever People 1

Jimmy Olsen 134,135

They are speculative. Find a VG set and you can sell them for $40-50. NM set can get you $100 easy. How that guy got $120 for FN copies repeatedly is hilarious.

If the writers somehow gives the JSA appearance in the JLA movie, then we will see allot of JSA issues be heating up on ebay.

I think this one will end up being a pretty big book at one point. Nova has been slowly creeping into Marvel mainstream for a while now. I for one am very much looking forward to the new series.

I'm seeing movement on Nova #1. Not sustainable $$ movement like Iron Man #55 but just a small roar. Looks like books are starting to movie quietly on eBay. I find that fascinating because the new Marvel Now Nova #1 suppose to be really good and I'm thinking people are buying these now with anticipation to flip later. hm

Justice Legaue #185 @ $16 & 9 bids.

What about THIS ONE?

I think the appropriate response is

:ohnoez:

What about the Darkness Saga in LOSH? Was this mentioned yet?

Look toward what happen to early Thanos appearances. It will increase in value, but it isnt the storyline for the movie so it wont get huge. All that saying I can never turn down a NM copy of the Darkness Saga never I just dont find one much.

Has anyone noticed the price jumps on hero for hire 1? I believe 9.0 recently sold for $390 a few weeks ago, after sales for a few 9.0s in November/December ended at $200, and in the $250s to 260s. A comiclink auction for a 7.5 ended at $140 something this week. Speculators are driving up the price of ths one.

I saw a Marvel Premiere 47 about a 9.2 raw priced at 140 at a con today. :ohnoez:
That's nuts I have a few hg copies as an Antman fan, it doesn't look like I will buying more any time soon.

I saw a Marvel Premiere 47 about a 9.2 raw priced at 140 at a con today. :ohnoez:

Seeing and selling are two different things.

Dealers sometimes are just clueless. I mean I know the book is doing well, but that's just stupid.

Aree wholeheartedly. I've seen the same dealer the last two months at cons with a really nice copy on his wall that he can't move for $20.

None of these books rising in price should be a surprise. Marvel/Disney has already said many years ago what movies they are going to do for the next 10 years. That is not including the TV shows.

For example: Dr. Strange was just confirmed but Marvel/Disney has been saying for years now that it will be a movie.

The next 5 years is going to be huge if you are a bronze age collector especially if you collect marvel.

As for DC/WB that is a different story.

None of these books rising in price should be a surprise. Marvel/Disney has already said many years ago what movies they are going to do for the next 10 years. That is not including the TV shows.

For example: Dr. Strange was just confirmed but Marvel/Disney has been saying for years now that it will be a movie.

The next 5 years is going to be huge if you are a bronze age collector especially if you collect marvel.

As for DC/WB that is a different story.

Link?

so what the heck, antman hasn't been henry pym for like the last 35 years? WTF?? i know pym became yellow jacket for a while and went nuts or something and went to jail or whatever, but i didn't realize someone else was running around as antman. if you ask me, it sounds way to DCish...5 different robins, 5 different green lanterns...

Why? It's not even his first solo run, that was like 10 years earlier.

Scott Lang is the rumored Ant-Man in the upcoming film and it's his first appearance.

just goes to show how i haven't been paying attention and I even read all my comics back i the late 70s and early 80s.

this pizzes me off, I just went through about 20 boxes pulling out starlin/thanos stuff and GOG (and a few other things) and I definitely did not pull Nova 1s and those marvel premieres, which i know I have several of. I did pull some of the ant-man solo books from 7-10 years earlier because i though antman was percolating.

yes, my comics are randomly tossed into boxes other than about 15% of my books, which are pseudo-organized.