• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

I can't believe how high the JLA run is going for now. Reminds me of the action on those 2 or 3 mind-wipe/memory loss issues (#159-161?) a couple of years ago that spiked and dropped.........

based on recent news, don't know if this was $ well spent lol

Is anyone noticing the Captain Marvel books skyrocketing due to Thanos?

Captain Marvel #33 CGC 9.4 is the most active comic on eBay right now with 45 bids & $152 price tag. More active than Hulk #181, Amazing Spider-Man #129, New Mutants #98 and Tales to Astonish #27 and all the other regulars :ohnoez:

But as far as Bronze Age interest we have the following trending books:

Captain Marvel #33 CGC 9.4 @ $152 & 45 bids.

Batman #357 CGC 9.6 @ $79 & 39 bids.

Captain Marvel #28 CGC 9.4 @ $160 & 34 bids.

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.4 @ $91 & 26 bids.

It's kind of nice to not see the same ten books on the list week after week.

Full List

Following Lyria Comic Exchanges advice I scored a really nice raw Captain Marvel 33 for $10 today. Same shop I got a VF Jimmy Olsen 134 for $15 a few weeks before that book exploded. That whole CM Thanos storyline is tough to find in high grade. I had them when I was a kid and we read them to death, just like the Starlin Warlock run. Top quality books for story, art and historical significance.

Following Lyria Comic Exchanges advice I scored a really nice raw Captain Marvel 33 for $10 today. Same shop I got a VF Jimmy Olsen 134 for $15 a few weeks before that book exploded. That whole CM Thanos storyline is tough to find in high grade. I had them when I was a kid and we read them to death, just like the Starlin Warlock run. Top quality books for story, art and historical significance.

:applause:

Some extremely active Bronze Age comics:

Iron Fist #14 @ 50 watchers, a $80+ price tag and 1 day of bidding to go!

Uncanny X-Men #141 & #142 @ $83, 22 bids & 25 watchers and 1 day left of bidding.

Defenders #10 @ $49, 23 bids and 24 watchers and 9 hours left to bid.

hm

And more of the same, like an Amazing Spider-Man #194 that's trending up, can be found here.

It's close to the GPA 12 mo average for 8.0, and right at the last sale for an 8.0.

However, this book does have some "break out" sales here and there. A 6.0 sold for $300 on July 30, 2012. And 8.0's have gone as high as $600 in years past.

It's a strong sale, for sure. And while the front cover looks much nicer than 6.0, the back cover is showing some pretty substantial staining.

It's close to the GPA 12 mo average for 8.0, and right at the last sale for an 8.0.

However, this book does have some "break out" sales here and there. A 6.0 sold for $300 on July 30, 2012. And 8.0's have gone as high as $600 in years past.

It's a strong sale, for sure. And while the front cover looks much nicer than 6.0, the back cover is showing some pretty substantial staining.

It is an aggressive price,but a book like that is not as prevalent in higher grades.I have a couple,one in 9.2 and a raw 9.4ish.

Bats 227 (9.2) on CLink went for $1,500, which is higher than 9.4 sales. I agree, the front cover of the HOS book looks better than a 6.0. Maybe bronze keys aren't dead after all?

It is an aggressive price,but a book like that is not as prevalent in higher grades.I have a couple,one in 9.2 and a raw 9.4ish.

Sell me one of your copies. :baiting: No hoarding. :preach:

Sell me one of your copies. :baiting: No hoarding. :preach:

Took me a long time to find those. ;) Just like the Bats 227,it's one of those books that you can basically throw out GPA.

Edited by oakman29

I hear ya, Oak. I have been known to hoard a few books. Always have wanted a nice HOS92. The problem I have had is finding a 9.2/9.4 with white pages and wrapped perfectly. The 9.2/9.4 isn't a problem, but the other 2 factors are.

I hear ya, Oak. I have been known to hoard a few books. Always have wanted a nice HOS92. The problem I have had is finding a 9.2/9.4 with white pages and wrapped perfectly. The 9.2/9.4 isn't a problem, but the other 2 factors are.

Good luck in your endeavor my friend. :applause:

Is the ASM Annual 5 with the Stridex ad on the back a variant or a second print and does anyone expect this book to see a significant increase in price due to the strong possibility of Peter Parker's parent being a central component of the next film?