• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

I have been on hiatus for a while but I will back contributing to the boards on a regular basis soon.

Justice League of America #183 - 185 (JLA Movie?)

Captain America #359 & 360 (1st Crossbones)

Thor #344 & 345 (1st Malekith - Dark Elf)

Marvel Comics Presents #26 & 27 (1st Eric Savin) *started to cool

Been preaching Crossbones for years, but is he in next movie?

Thor 344 has cooled down some, but just like MCP 26 it will heat back up when movie gets closer.

Good to see you back havent seen you for awhile.

It will start to take off when the Hollywood marketing takes over!

Nintendo Power 1's (1988) seem to be selling real well of late:

here's one "ebay grade" of nm, sold at $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nintendo-Power-Magazine-July-August-1988-w-ALL-Paperwork-Near-Mint-/110967294318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d62a896e&nma=true&si=K4BE0kR7T%2BjKgy61w6vy%2BoWZTu0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

here's another copy sold @ $200. No "ebay grade" given, but has, paraphrasing, some discoloration and light creases on bc. 8.0 to 9.0 range if lucky?

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Nintendo-Power-First-Issue-July-August-1988-Great-Condition-Posters-Included-/330844306250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d07db7b4a&nma=true&si=K4BE0kR7T%2BjKgy61w6vy%2BoWZTu0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l255

huh, here's another decent copy @ 200 so the 200+ seems pretty well established for better copies I guess. "small scrape top right."

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/1988-Nintendo-Power-Vol-1-Rare-Issue-/130813859412?pt=Magazines&hash=item1e751d1654&nma=true&si=K4BE0kR7T%2BjKgy61w6vy%2BoWZTu0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

uggg, vg looking copy sold or 160. This one is more surprising to me. I thought vg type copies were 30 bucks. I guess they have spiked in all condtion ranges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-NINTENDO-POWER-MAGAZINE-VOLUME-1-SUPER-MARIO-2-ZELDA-PREMIERE-ISSUE-RARE-/251161148476?pt=Magazines&hash=item3a7a5efc3c&nma=true&si=K4BE0kR7T%2BjKgy61w6vy%2BoWZTu0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$50 for a FAIR copy HELD TOGETHER WITH TAPE!! :sick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Power-1-Super-Mario-2-Zelda-magazine-RARE-Hard-to-find-/110990879787?pt=Magazines&hash=item19d7926c2b&nma=true&si=K4BE0kR7T%2BjKgy61w6vy%2BoWZTu0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

btw, this mag had a print run of 3.6m copies so the "rare" descriptions are pretty amusing :insane: I'm sure there was a lot of attrition but even so it would be hard to imagine at least 10% of the print run not surviving as an absolute minimum (and prob. too conservative). HG copies seem to be a legitimately difficult find though. I see lots of people looking for them and nobody selling or owning a truly mint one.

Prices on Batman 386, 1st Black mask, seem to be all over the place on ebay.

:cloud9:

But many of the Copper Age story arcs and 1st appearances are doing well. I'm not sure if it is new blood excited after the Dark Knight Rises movie, or collectors hoarding the early appearances (or both).

btw, this mag had a print run of 3.6m copies so the "rare" descriptions are pretty amusing :insane: I'm sure there was a lot of attrition but even so it would be hard to imagine at least 10% of the print run not surviving as an absolute minimum (and prob. too conservative). HG copies seem to be a legitimately difficult find though. I see lots of people looking for them and nobody selling or owning a truly mint one.
:banana::hi:

define well? I am out of touch with the market but there's not much copper selling for more than 50 bucks raw is there?

If you check out prices on Batman 357, Batman 359, Batman 400, and Batman 426-429, "well" will be clarified quickly.

Batman 357 especially seems to have really surged ahead in demand. A 9.8 OW-W just sold recently on Ebay for $349.99, and a CGC 9.4 sold for $85. So a tad more than $50.

:baiting:

Post it! :)

Post it! :)

I have a few of each kind, but this is the nicest. probably 9.4/6 . My nicest 'regular' version is about 9.0/2 Ive heard that of the 3.x million print run, that the 'free sample' version was only the first 500k.

Anywho, i was lucky enough to find this in the original mailer still sealed. :banana:

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

If that's the NP sealed in the mailer that sold recently on eBay, I had a snipe set for it but it went higher than I was willing to pay. Envelope looked a bit beat but it appears it was a great copy anyway, nice pick up.

Totally different subject... I have been selling on eBay a stash of Secret Wars 8's and they sell very well. This is not news for this thread. :) But, I get lots of questions asking if the book is a first print or not. Is there a reprint of this book that looks exactly like the original? I cannot find mention of one anywhere....

If that's the NP sealed in the mailer that sold recently on eBay, I had a snipe set for it but it went higher than I was willing to pay. Envelope looked a bit beat but it appears it was a great copy anyway, nice pick up.

Totally different subject... I have been selling on eBay a stash of Secret Wars 8's and they sell very well. This is not news for this thread. :) But, I get lots of questions asking if the book is a first print or not. Is there a reprint of this book that looks exactly like the original? I cannot find mention of one anywhere....

Is it the same one and what did that copygo for? I didnt bid for the same reason, the envelope looked trashed so I figured the mag was too

There's a second printing that came in a toy pack:

457505.jpg

No ive been collecting hg nintendo power for years. I bought the sealed mailer about 3 years ago. What did the recent clone go for, ive always wanted another :devil: